Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ohio, Cincinnati 4/24 - 4/26

Moeller High School, 9001 Montgomery Rd, F 4-9 Sa 10-5 Su 10-4, 100T, a:$3 - www.cincycardshows.com 513-290-5225 [email protected]

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals
    Twitter: @@BowmanBrothers See bowmanbrotherssc's Items on eBay

Moeller high school show a success

The largest and longest running show in Ohio did not leave card collectors disappointed but happy they came out to the Moeller high school show in Cincinnati.

I had a chance to sit down with show promoter Steve Schell and talk about the show. Mr. Schell and associates Adam Knight and Gary Nunn see that the show they have been promoting for the last 7 years go off without a hitch. Dealers from all over the United States, and even Canada, come to this Cincinnati mainstay to sell their cards and other sports collectibles to the collecting nation. There are high-end, graded vintage cards to 1991 Topps baseball boxes to be had here.

Mr. Schell informed me that the average attendance for the show is over 1000 people and a large part of the draw is the autograph guests they bring in, as well as the daily auctions they run at the show. Steve Carlton the headline autograph guest signed for collectors all three days of the show; no one was left out for an autograph.

Here are some cards that I purchased from TMS Sportscards & Collectibles, aka Gump76 on Sportscardforum.

Take a look at the row boxes put out by Chad Smith, owner of Wolverine Sportscards, ranging from 10 cents to 10 dollars per card.

There were great deals to be had at this table!!! Chad even gave away cards for answering trivia questions about cards. Here are the cards Chad picked out when I asked to take a picture of the cards he thought to be the best in his two showcases.

My favorite card of the show, unfortunately I did not take a picture, was the 1 of 1 dual cut autograph of Joe Dimaggio and Roberto Clemente owned by Gemini Sports Cards out of Columbus, Ohio.

This was a great show. I will be sure to be back at the famous day-after-Thanksgiving show in November for the autograph guests, auctions and great deals.

This is bigkev17 signing off until next time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Yea this was a great show, I was able to make it on Saturday. Even though I only picked up two cards it was well worth it as they were PC cards, a 2008 SP Authentic Brandon Phillips BTL auto I needed for my set and a 2008 Bowman Chrome Todd Frazier auto. My dad was able to pick up a whole lot of Dayton Flyers 60's and 70's programs for our ever growing Dayton Flyers collection. Can't wait until the thanksgiving show it has been a Thanksgiving weekend tradition in my family now for the last 7 or 8 years!!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yea this was a great show, I was able to make it on Saturday. Even though I only picked up two cards it was well worth it as they were PC cards, a 2008 SP Authentic Brandon Phillips BTL auto I needed for my set and a 2008 Bowman Chrome Todd Frazier auto. My dad was able to pick up a whole lot of Dayton Flyers 60's and 70's programs for our ever growing Dayton Flyers collection. Can't wait until the thanksgiving show it has been a Thanksgiving weekend tradition in my family now for the last 7 or 8 years!!!

Thanks for sharing how much this show means to you. Best of luck on adding to the every growing collection of Dayton Flyers stuff.

DON