Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

ALbert Pujols was a great guy in person. Carlos Beltran and a lot of them Mets are pretty salty people.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Derek Jeter was a great guy too and surprisingly a tremendous amount of the Yankee players.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Rays and the Minnesota Twins were very nice people also.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keep the stories going, I espepecially like the one about the Braun signing and the broken pen! I can understand how frustrating it is to wait in line for an autograph. We were in line for David Akers (kicker for Eagles) with my 9 mo old twins. I swear the line was over 100-200 long. I was toward the back...

ANyway, keeping the cheerios, sippie cups, and everything in the stroller in line for over an hour or so can be frustrating. BUT, hopefully he appreciates all the memrobelia I have had personalized to him from Phillies, Eagles, and the like.

Nothing special about the AKers auto other than personalized to my son.

Here is another goodie I got. The AZ cardinals photo I have with my wife, son, and kurt warner. Nice guy, signs for EVERYONE!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thekidhypno's Items on eBay

although it was a paid signing........barry bonds. i was about 14 at the time(22 now) and i had one of those rawlings balls that aren't official ones......the cheap ones. i handed it to bonds and he holds it turning it around looking at it and tosses it behind him and says "im not signing that!" my dad and i looked at each other with the biggest ™™™ looks on our faces ever. bonds says to the guy he's with "take them to a vendor and get them an official ball and ill pay for it later" both my dad and i looked like we saw a ghost......i still can't believe that happened

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

ANyway, keeping the cheerios, sippie cups, and everything in the stroller in line for over an hour or so can be frustrating. BUT, hopefully he appreciates all the memrobelia I have had personalized to him from Phillies, Eagles, and the like.

I bet he grows up to be a Giants and Mets fan! Man would that stink for you! It also reminds me of a story at a show I was at a looong time ago and there was a father with a young son who was around 6 years old or so. I was behind them in line for Darryl Strawberry and they were pretty amusing. The father started talking about the Mets and how great they were to his son. His son listened intently to the stories about Straw and Gooden. Then it was there turn to get an autograph and the father encouraged the son to go up to Darryl and tell him what a great player he was. Well, the kid goes up to Darryl and then turns to his dad and says, "I think I like the Yankees now instead. Their guy has a mustache (Don Mattingly). Strawberry laughed a little bit and smiled from ear to ear. This was while he was still a Met and let me tell you, Strawberry can be a great guy. He signed for the kid and said prophetic words although it came true later than Strawberry intended. He said "I am going to be a free agent soon so you never know, I might be a Yankee someday!" This made the dad slump his shoulders and some jerk to comment about the foul lines at Yankee Stadium not being made of a certain illegal narcotic. Straw took it all in stride. the little boy got his autograph on the baseball, the dad got a baseball card, and I got an 8x10. I met Strawberry again last year and he was still a great guy. Gonna meet him again on April 4th and am looking forward to it. Here is a guy who has brought a lot of pain on himself and still smiles for his fans and ignores the jerks. No wonder so many in the Yankee clubhouse loved the guy.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Braun is a cool cat. Even at Miller Park - look at this Youtube video of Braun signing at the Player Parking Lot at Miller Park after a game, following the release of the '08 All Star Game voting results:

Wow, what a class act

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yankeejetsfan01's Items on eBay

Mine would have to be Rowdy Roddy Piper. The guy is so down to earth and such a nice guy. I met him a couple of years ago at an apperance at a Comic Book show in NYC. I was nervous cause he's my all time favorite Wrestler. When I went to his table, he greted me with a huge smile, got up from his seat to shake my hand and stood standing as he spoke with me and asked about my family and was genuinely interested in what I was saying. He signed two photos for me. I need to get them framed and hung in my apt.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mine would have to be Rowdy Roddy Piper. The guy is so down to earth and such a nice guy. I met him a couple of years ago at an apperance at a Comic Book show in NYC. I was nervous cause he's my all time favorite Wrestler. When I went to his table, he greted me with a huge smile, got up from his seat to shake my hand and stood standing as he spoke with me and asked about my family and was genuinely interested in what I was saying. He signed two photos for me. I need to get them framed and hung in my apt.

Mike

Greatest heel in the history of wrestling if you ask me..Love the Hot Rod...cool story

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dale Earnhardt

Got to meet him at a signing they had prior to the race in Texas in the late 90's. He was a class act.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast