Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See agold2121's Items on eBay

Definitely Mike Piazza or Marty Brodeur like three times. Marty is actually really good in person. Zach Parise is also a tremendous signer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

recently i got steve garvey to sign a 1971 topps rookie card, and he talked about the card for a brief second, and said it was the best conditioned one he has signed in quite a while, even better than some that he still has, a real class act, very friendly and talkative

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I love these stories and I am bumping the thread to hear some nice new ones.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ruchankirby's Items on eBay

I got Jonathan Papelbon while reaching as far away as possible. I thought my arm was going to fall off. I was one of the last guys get his auto too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love these stories and I am bumping the thread to hear some nice new ones.

i'm working on a philly flyers 16x20. I went to get jeff carter at a charity event over the weekend. when i was waiting one of the other players asked to see it. he just kept saying how "cool" and "awesome" it was. after carter signed and I was walking away, the player called me back over because he wanted to see it again. it was funny.

this is the pic. i just need one more guy (have the other 8 and the 2 coaches)

Country

chris johnson auto mini helment

SCF Rewards
    Country

most memorable one was:

Thrashers were having their annual season ticket holder signing session with the players. towards the end of the session, we were about to leave, and i asked my dad if we could stay for one more group (there were probably 8 different groups that you could get signed, but really were only able to get about two or three groups to sign because of the long lines). well in the last group we went to, dan snyder signed a puck that i got. no more than 6 hours later, he gets in a car accident with dany heatley and passed away. easily, the most memorable in person auto.

best player in person auto would be getting a ball at a braves v. mets game signed by david wright, wagner, beltran, alou and a few others who i can't think of right now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vkramer123's Items on eBay

I haven't IPed really at all besides 3 ST games and a couple of MLB and AAA games a season. But my best would be at spring training, I was the only one to get Prince Fielder. As he was coming in from warmups into the dugout I yelled "hey Prince do you have a second?" and held up my ball. He put his hand up signaling for me to throw him the ball and a pen, which I threw, and he signed my ball and only my ball. After that he dissapered into the dugout.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gordie Howe, no doubt. I was probably around 14 or so when I met him. I'd met a lot of others at card shows and most signed and moved on to the next person, not really paying attention to each person.

So I approached with my hockey puck in hand, asked him to also sign it "Mr. Hockey" which he did and he handed it back. I was about to turn away when he asked me how I was doing and glanced at my shirt asking what was on it (I had a jacket on over it). I showed him it was a Alabama 1994 national champions shirt and he commented that it was a pretty cool shirt. I said thanks, surprised he would take the time to actually talk to me and he put his hand out to shake my hand.

I'll never forget that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (15)
    Country

Mine is Jeff Bagwell. I am a huge fan of him, my favortie player. In 2004 I went to the Astros ST in Flordia. I went 3 days to try and get him. People there were telling me he did not sign much, I was getting a little bummed out. Finally on the third and last day at the end of practice Bagwell comes out. He was really not giving much of a sig to people just a quick JB. When it was my turn I asked him if he would mind signing my hat to Brian, He said no problem, was very polite and friendly and signed it with an awesome signature. He let me have my picture taken with him, it was a great experience. It is always great when someone who has been a favorite does not disappoint you when you finally get a chance to meet them.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast