Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Who is your best In Person Autograph from?

Who is your best In Person autograph from and why? This is not always your biggest named guys as Ryne Sandberg, Don Mattingly, Paul Pearce, Dan Issel and many other HOF type players have made it into my collection They are not my best In Person autograph. I want the guy who made a real impression on you. I for instance was not a huge fan of this former player who become my favorite IP autograph until after I met him.

GEORGE GERVIN is my favorite IP autograph!
    I had wanted to get his autograph at the ABA reunion in Indianapolis, but he was running late and my wife had started to complain about being hungry, so we left for lunch. We had gotten back to the event shortly after the autograph portion had ended, but before the auction was to start. A few minutes after we had gotten back I had spotted George Gervin standing in the room and walked up and explained that I wanted his autograph and that I had missed him earlier as he was running late. He told me he would sign for me as long as I agreed to pay the event price as it was for charity. I gladly did so and added his autograph to my collection. I then went to leave shortly after and he actually went outside at the same time. My oldest daughter was in a stroller still and as it was double doors he held one set for us as we left. He had stepped out for some air and I spent about an half hour then talking sports with George and his son Gee who went on to play college basketball. He was so down to earth and such a nice guy that I became a fan that day. He was much more than the "Iceman" he was a real man who had time for his fans and a real family man. Thanks George!

Who is your best IP autograph?

SCF Rewards
    Country

pelle lindbergh, goalie philadelphia flyers

Got it back in the fall of 1985. he was my favorite player and had just won the Vezina trophy as best goalie in the nhl. he died 3 months after i got the autograph.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

I have to say UFC fighter, Matt Serra, at the autograph session after the UFC 87 press conference last year. He was really down to earth and talkative when me and my nephews met him.

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (3)
    Country
    See tiki_tomoka's Items on eBay

steve nash at a game here a couple months ago

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Great story about George Gervin!

I'm not really sure who my best one is, i only have a handful of in person autographs and most of the time it was pretty much sign and go because i got them all before games.

I think I'll go with Steve Nash for mine, just because he is one of my favorite players and he has signed for me twice. He was the first in person nba autograph i ever got before a game and i was really excited.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jay Bruce at redsfest a couple months ago

SCF Rewards
    Country

Michael Irvin- 1991 or 1992. We just moved to Dallas and he was signing at a local mall for free if you donated a toy (Toys for Tots). I handed him a ball that Ozzie Newsome signed a few years before at a different free mall signing near Cleveland. Michael saw Ozzie's signature on the ball and went crazy...he thought it was so cool that I met Ozzie and was asking me a million questions about when I met him. He said Ozzie was one of his favorite players growing up. He instantly transformed into a curious kid. He obviously went on to have an excellent career with the Cowboys...but being that early in his career he could have easily just been out of the league in a year and nobody would have remembered him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about Eric Allen. He was a cornerback for the Eagles in the 90's and now is on ESPN. I saw him at the reading Outlets (that is what my city used to be famous for) and was walking down the street with family and friends. My buddy and I were walking out of the Dairy Queen and bumped into him literally. I said excuse me and looked up to see it was Eric Allen! (I was 15 at the time)

I said, hey you are Eric Allen, right? He said yeah I am are you an eagles fan? I said sure I am, and he said good, I was hoping I wasnt going to get into a tussle with a cowboys fan! (This is when the Cowboys were winning all the superbowls, about 1993 or 1992.)

My friend and I ran to the Foot locker outlet and bought 2 hats in hopes that he might sign them, and as we were leaving, we bumped into him again, hot for real bump this time. He signed our hats and shook our hands.

My friend and I were elated to meet him and that we got his autograph. I still have the hat but over the years of not really collecting, the hat is bent up, faded, and such from moving and hanging on my wall for so many years.

Hope this is the kind of story that you were looking for. I know it was long winded and such but that is my FAVORITE IP SIGNING

2nd, has to go to getting Ken Griffey Jr.'s auto while in AA ball here in Reading. I got it before a game and also got a homer ball he hit. (This was before they put seating in the outfield at our stadium. Its on a cheezy logo ball of the mariners and kinda runny but it will always be my most prized possession.

I like these posts indy, keep thinking them up!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't decide between these three-

Cal Ripken Jr- getting him for two straight days over 25 pieces
    Brooks Robinson- getting over 20 pieces from. Always nice
    Arnold Palmer- getting over 15 pieces signed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Football - Mark Bavaro
    Baseball - Mike Piazza/Cal Ripken Jr.
    Basketball - Patrick Ewing
    Wrestling - The Undertaker/Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock