Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A Few Questions Regarding Bart Starr......

I was at the flea market today, and I purchased a Sports Illustrated from 1975 with Bart Starr on the cover. I love the Packers, and I wanted the Sports Illustrated for my collection. It was only $3. Then I remembered that Starr is a pretty sure thing TTM, even though he charges. I would like to send this Sports Illustrated to have signed. However, I have a few questions.

1) How much does Starr charge to sign a Sports Illustrated?

2) How do I go about paying that? Cash or check?

3) Is Starr a sure thing? I don't want to waste my money.....

4) What is the address that I send to? If it's listed on the site, just let me know and I can go and find it.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (3)
    Country
    See tiki_tomoka's Items on eBay

$40 an auto i think. i got him back in 1 month so i think he's automatic

SCF Rewards
    Country

$40 an auto i think. i got him back in 1 month so i think he's automatic

I didn't think it would be that expensive, but, hey, he's one of the top five greatest Packers ever and I need his auto. I just might have to spring for it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Let us know how it goes for you. Another former Packer who signs for a fee is Herb Adderly. I laughed earlier as I was going through some autographs and I had kept his business he had sent back with a note that said $5 for cards and was signed by Herb? I'll be honest I just added the autographed business card to my collection and have never gotten around to writting him back and I know it was over a year ago. Seems like a reasonable fee, so I might write him one of these days soon.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let us know how it goes for you. Another former Packer who signs for a fee is Herb Adderly. I laughed earlier as I was going through some autographs and I had kept his business he had sent back with a note that said $5 for cards and was signed by Herb? I'll be honest I just added the autographed business card to my collection and have never gotten around to writting him back and I know it was over a year ago. Seems like a reasonable fee, so I might write him one of these days soon.

Cool, thanks. I know I have some old Adderly cards laying around, so I might send one to him. Do I pay for the autograph using cash or check? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just unsure.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (66) Hobby Insider
    Country
    See archie44's Items on eBay

Does Starr personalize everything, I have never seen him sign without doing it?

Was it the rawhide address?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I never send money in the mail. I like to used money orders, but I know others who use checks. It is awesome, if you get your cancelled checks back as you would also get his autograph on the back when he cashes it! I would use that as a cut and be sure that your account number is not still on it on opposite side.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

I only send cash in the mail. There's always a risk, but you can always get an autograph for less with cash. Obviously never send something you can't afford to lose.

Starr is a great signer and I would be surprised if he wouldn't sign your SI for around $15. I've seen him sign 8x10s and larger items for $20 or less.

SCF Rewards
    Country

for a 3 dollar item? I would send the money and the SI. See what happens? Im sure you could always come across another SI at flea markets!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks a lot for all the help guys! I plan on sending out very soon. Even if I don't get it back, I'll only be out about $20. Hopefully I'll get it back! Thanks again for all the help.