Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    never had a toploader or pennysleeve signed, stop using toploaders recently and just send each card(s)in a pennysleeve, in between 2 double blank sided index cards, and never have had a problem yet, only had 2 smudged cards out of 50+ returns in my ttm career

I do not use top loaders for the same reason that I do use peel n seal envelopes. The easier you make it for the player the better your chances of success. Welcome to the TTM section. I will give you a warning this part of the hobby is highly addictive!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

Thanks again guys.

great...one more thing I've done wrong...peel and seal envelopes. Oh well, we'll see what comes back.

i have not sent any cards thru the mail yet im still learning the hobby off ttm good luck though

I've had one toploader signed. Leandro Barbosa signed the toploader his rookie year with the suns. Since then, I never sent in toploaders. Like someone else stated, they smear when you put them in a penny sleeve or a toploader. Most of the time the card will move around in the envelope on the way back, I really never have problems. Minus a few dents in cards due to the stamping of the envelopes
    ~Matt
    Avatar- Kieran Richardson/ CRISTIANO RONALDO 2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic Signs of the Times Dual Auto #'d/199
    COLLECTING: Red Sox, Orioles, Eagles, and Frank THE BIG HURT Thomas

Just a quick update, got my Feller card back today in the penny sleeve and top loader beautifully signed and not smudged! So far no problems, though I've stopped using top-loaders lately anyway.

i used to send in toploaders at first and i never had a athlete sign the toploader but i had some that signed and ddnt give the auto time to dry and when they put it back in the toploader it smeared the auto bad. so now i dont use toploaders or sleeves i just have the card sent back in an envelope and ive had excellent results that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12