Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 year old

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)
    Country

11 year old

This is a awsome tale about how cool the football collecting world can be. I was just featured in the March 2009 issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly. They have a special sections for hard core collectors called SUPER COLLECTOR. I collect every and all things Ed Reed. I have been collecting him since 2002 his rookie year and havn`t stopped since.I really enjoy collection defensive players even though they arEn`t as popular as Manning,Brady,Tomlinson or the new hot rookie.Reed can change a game in a second as he proved in the playoffs this year. It was nice to see him finally get the respect that was due. My collection is made up of 378 total cards[ 14 autographs, 80 game used and patches,12 1/1`s, 52 cards numbered to 25 or less,autoed probowl jersey, autoed probowl mini helmet, 4 autoed 8x10`s and a custom autoed McFarlane].As of now I have 95% of every card ever made.I collect it all. What I`m missing is pretty much 1/1`s, a few low numbered inserts and game used. At the end of the artical I asked if anyone had anything Ed Reed to please email me at [email protected] . I`d gotten a few emails of guys telling me how cool it was to be in the magazine, how awsome my collection was ,are any of my Reed`s for trade,and guys wanting to trade me their Reed`s. Then I got a email asking for my address. I gave it to what I thought was a grown man at the time. Well a week went by and I got a package in the mail. It wasn`t from a trade or anything I had bought off ebay. So I opened it up to find three Ed Reed cards. Topps Total , Upper Deck , and a Sports Illustrated For Kids. I didn`t even know Reed had a 2008 Sports Illustrated For Kids so I was happy I had a new card to add to the collection. Then I saw a note in the bubble mailer. The package was from a eleven year old boy !!! He said he was sorry the cards were a little beat up and hoped I could use them. He even drew a little Ravens bird head !!!
    I do alot of trading and posting on Sports Card Form so I made a post telling the guys what just happend. I scanned what he sent me and and the letter. Just talked about how awsome it was for a eleven year old to do this.I was still shocked it happend and how thoughtful he was. I made a statment that I was going to send him some stuff back. The flood gates opened. My privite message box was stuffed with guys wanting to help out.I emailed him back and asked who his favorite palyer or team was. He wrote me back in a few days and told me.I wrote everyone who pm`ed me and posted in the thread back with my address, what he collected and said whatever you can give I`m sure he`ll love it. The out pouring was amazing. I got a ton of packages with base,rookies,inserts,game used, patches, autos, auto patches,ect.. and even a autoed mini helmet !!!! I threw in a hat,cards and some other stuff packed it all in a big box and off it went. I havn`t heard if he gotten it yet, but I talked to his mom via email and told her to please let me know.I know its goin to knock his socks off and hope it makes his day. It is just a great story of how awsome this hobby can be. How people can come together for a good cause and help what will be the next generation of collectors out.
    Ricky Sigai- Maryland
    P.S- if you have any Ed Reed please email [email protected]
    Last edited by rickysigai; 04-09-2009 at 08:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Thanks I will edit and post this on the article site tomorrow, its 2 am here :)

Cheers
    Karine

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vkramer123's Items on eBay

Awesome story!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Edited and posted here: https://www.sportscardforum.com/articles/?p=592

digg: http://digg.com/football/Pay_it_Forward_17
    propeller: http://www.propeller.com/story/2009/...orum-articles/
    buzz: http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:0433...35ce9fac?usc=1

This will also be used for the May edition of the magazine, thanks for posting. This is the kind of story that restores your faith in the hobby!

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Memento_21's Items on eBay

It's a very nice story it makes my day better :)
    Thanks for sharing, and I'd like to say it was a really good idea from you to send back him a box. That's why I like the hobby.

George

Blog Entries
    Country
    See airedale20's Items on eBay

wow that is a great story

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)
    Country

yup it was cool -touched me ya know- man when i was 11 i didn`t want to give any of my cards away !!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

could u give us a link to the thread about this

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast