Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Inaugural Event is "Baltimore #5 - Past & Present" - Baltimore, MD 4/19

" Join us on Sunday, April 19th at the Pikesville Hilton Hotel as The DugoutZone helps to present the first Baltimore Autograph & Sports Collectibles Show. The theme of the Inaugural Event is "Baltimore #5 - Past & Present". "

Doors Open @ 9:30
    Admission Cost: $3.00
    Autograph Signers: Joe Flacco, Brooks Robinson, Earl Weaver, Matt Birk, and more!

Link: http://www.dugoutzone.com

I'll be there hopefully with camera and a full report!

SCF Rewards
    Country

bump. anyone going Sunday?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Look forward to your report with your camera. I hope you have a great time.

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is my review from the past weekend:

The inaugural event "Baltimore #5 - Past & Present" was sponsored by Dugout Zone and was meant to showcase the past and present players in Baltimore that wore the #5. So, Dugout Zone brought in Joe Flacco and Brooks Robinson, as well as other Baltimore sports individuals as autograph guests. I must say, the show was very well run for each players autograph signing and employees were very helpful.

Selection of cards overall (variety):
    Being that the show was located in Baltimore, the card selections were very heavily slanted towards Ravens and Orioles. However, there were a select few dealers who were selling $3, $5, $10 autograph and game-used cards, as well as inserts, commons, and others. The majority of the dealers though, seemed to be selling memorabilia including framed jerseys, 8x10's, helmets, and footballs. I've noticed that card shows are starting to have more dealers focusing on this then your cards and commons. Would have liked to see a few more dealers selling commons and cards, but nothing that they can control.

Does the show emphasize one sport over another:
    I saw everything from football cards to basketball cards to hockey cards, autographed footballs, mini helmets, to signed hockey jerseys so there was a good selection of sports.

Selection of Wax Boxes:
    I only noticed 1 dealer who was selling boxes of 2008 football. None had a price tag on, so I couldn't gauge how much they were selling for. I might have missed, but I don't re-call seeing a single dealer selling individual packs.

Prices on cards from the show (FULL BOOK, HALF BOOK, etc):
    Prices on cards seemed to vary depending on what you were looking at. It seemed that the prices on Baltimore Ravens and Orioles stuff was slightly higher priced due to the location of the show. But there was everything from vintage baseball to 2008 football and baseball. As I said above, some dealers had there $3, $5, and so on boxes of AU and GU cards for sale.

Do they have signers:
    Yes, Dugout Zone brought in rookie QB Joe Flacco and OL Matt Birk, Adam Terry, and Jared Gaither. For the baseball crowd, they brought in Earl Weaver, Boog Powell, and Brooks Robinson. EVERY player at the show was talkative to the crowd, allowed pictures to be taken, and very friendly. A bonus player in the crowd was Musa Smith, but I'm not sure many people recognized him hanging around the Raven's guys.

Admission price to get in:
    The show was $3 to get in. Autograph prices ranged from $60 for Joe Flacco, $20 for each OL player. I think Robinson was $50 per item, so prices varied depending on who you were interested in getting.

Overall Experience:
    My overall experience of the show, for being a first time show in the down economy, was very good. I thought that the Dugout Zone ran the show very well and smoothly. They handled the autograph tickets and times smoothly and everything went well. Between the economy and being a first time show, the traffic at the show was VERY VERY busy. There were constantly people walking around. Got to meet fellow board membe "rickysigai", which is always a bonus to meet a forum member. I would gladly recommend the show to people in Baltimore. Good job Dugout Zone!

Pictures:

*Gaither and Terry signing for fans

*Boog and Earl chatting between sessions.