Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See normside's Items on eBay

Yeap... +/- don't say it all... you had to be dominant during the period you played... with a strong team, or others...
    OPC Base set builder + Orr, Bourque, Lidstrom, Harvey & Robinson + UD main set Habs only.

Wantlist - Hidden Content
    Tradelist - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The objective of a DEFENSEMAN is just that. To defend. To do everything he can to ensure that puck does not get into his net. Scoring and all that other BS is last and left for the other positions to fight over. That's why I always considered defenseman of offensive aggressive teams as overrated, simply because when the time came when they were up against a solid defensive team, those defenseman weren't to be found. It showed back then, and it shows today. My point is, things great defenseman do, TRUE defenseman, are extremely hard to see on paper as statistics. But if there was a statistic that I would value more, its the fact of how oftern were you on the ice when a puck went in the net that WASNT yours. Means you did your job....on paper anyway...as far as my top ten IMO:

larry robinson
    Al MacInnis
    Ray Bourque
    Doug Harvey
    Bobby Orr
    Scott Stevens
    Chris Pronger
    Nickolas Lidstrom
    Dennis Potvin
    Chris Chelios

MUST SEND FIRST

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darth_norf's Items on eBay

1) Orr
    2) Bourque
    3) Robinson
    4) Lidstrom
    5) Leetch
    6) Chelios
    7) Harvey
    8) Niedermayer
    9) Pronger
    10) MacInnis

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dendron8's Items on eBay

No one has mentioned him, so I will throw his name in the hat... Glen Wesley (and yes, I am biased)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks jre8806 and Norf...and shoot your top ten Philhelm !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dendron8's Items on eBay

1) Orr
    2) Bourque
    3) Potvin
    4) Lidstrom
    5) Chelios
    6) Leetch
    7) Niedermayer
    8) Stevens
    9) Coffey
    10) Wesley

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Philhelm... first vote for Wesley... he deserves it also... a pure "defense only" style player doing it every game ! Thanks !

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump !!!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The objective of a DEFENSEMAN is just that. To defend. To do everything he can to ensure that puck does not get into his net. Scoring and all that other BS is last and left for the other positions to fight over. That's why I always considered defenseman of offensive aggressive teams as overrated, simply because when the time came when they were up against a solid defensive team, those defenseman weren't to be found. It showed back then, and it shows today. My point is, things great defenseman do, TRUE defenseman, are extremely hard to see on paper as statistics. But if there was a statistic that I would value more, its the fact of how oftern were you on the ice when a puck went in the net that WASNT yours. Means you did your job....on paper anyway...as far as my top ten IMO:

larry robinson
    Al MacInnis
    Ray Bourque
    Doug Harvey
    Bobby Orr
    Scott Stevens
    Chris Pronger
    Nickolas Lidstrom
    Dennis Potvin
    Chris Chelios

Then why don't you list Tim Horton, Guy Lapointe, Jacques Laperriere and Mark Howe ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast