Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ebayer seller with signed 8x10's: Real or Fake?

Ok this guy has 0 feedback, and I was just cruising the bay looking for iginla items, and I checked out an 8x10. It was probably the worst looking iginla auto I've ever seen. I looked at some other, and they didn't really look that legit either. Some I saw looked good, but others screamed fake to me. Wasn't planning on bidding on anything, but take a look for yourself and tell me what you think.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/trex*graphs

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) UCB
    Country

you never really know, i only buy 8x10 autos from people i know get the legit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I don't know, the Sid autos look fake. I really want the Kane WC AU, but don't know if it's worth the risk...
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jaccob Slavin, Ryan Dzingel, Brogan Rafferty, Derek Whitmore, Blackhawks, & 2003-04
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I never like the idea of "nothing but stars".

I'd be suspicious

SCF Rewards
    Country

I never like the idea of "nothing but stars".

I'd be suspicious

Thats what had me thinking. Every player is a high caliber player. I agree the Sid autos looked pretty bad. I have 30 or 40 iginla autos and not one looks as bad as the two he has for sale. Wasn't planning on bidding, thats for sure, was thinking about calling him out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Some of those auto's look pathetic IMO. I'd say stay away from those, maybe even report that seller, those are SCREAMING fake

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

i'd say 100% fake

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

I agree, this seller is sketchy at best...

However, on the whole, a lot of sellers that sell authentic 8x10 autographs obtain these at airports, hotels etc... for these reasons the autographs are often not as appealing as sports card autographs where the athlete signs sitting down at a table on a hard surface... these are signed quickly in the air etc., thus sometimes varying from what we are used to seeing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Malkin auto seems strange to me aswell

Country

its risky to buy those types of in person autos, I'd stick to the UD or other brand name collectables.
    this reminds me of a guy that was selling in person autos of the masterpiece set, he was in Nova Scotia and he had almost every player that was alive signed the cards in all the same blue pen, I asked him where and how did he get all those stars in the same place at the same time to sign all those cards after the set was just released after a month. never got a response, but all is cards where being bidded on and he also had a 0 rating.