Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah id like to set one up too, thanks for sharing with us how you do it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

basically what i did was set up an address list on microsft word that works with a mail merge. i made some custom catagories also. i had team name, first name, last name, address, city, state, zip, etc. got that set up for all the players i wanted. then i typed a letter. when you do mail merge you can make certain places in the letter insert the info from the address book. so i made it put in the player name, team name, players position etc in the correct places on the letter so it didnt look a generic form letter. it made the letter sound more personal. then i do the mail merge and it generates a letter for each player with there info put in. you can merge as many at a time as you want to. after i printed the letters i did a mail merge with the addresses and it created the sheets of addresses i needed so i just printed those on my address labels and i was done. it took a long time to get the address book together and i have to update it every year for players that get traded and stuff but its worth it. once you get it done it saves a ton of time!! i still hand write the letters to the panthers! my fav team! and some other select players. it is a player thats one of your favs i would hand write the letter but ive had great results typing the letters and all that. i just cant hand write 500+ letters. lol any i hope this helps! if you guys need any other info feel free to pm me. im always available to help and answer questions. all of us that are into ttm outa think about starting a group just for ttm nfl or something. it would be fun!

SCF Rewards
    Country

alright thanks!

Country

wow thats great. wish i had the time to set something like that up. thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1000 envelopes at what .43 stamps by that time? $430 in postage not to think about the price of paper, labels, ink and cards! That is a huge project! I would never do anything like that personally as I do like to make each letter a little personal, but I am interested in how you do. Please do let us know when your successes roll in.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i hand write all letters to panther players and some to other players. i just have to many i want to hand write all of them. i just a nfl fan and had to figure out how to reach all. ive actually have pretty good success with typed letters.

Im not knocking what you do, just is alot of work and wish you the best! I know that there are some guys on here that discourage mass mailers to people just to get an autograph. Im not saying I would not like to undertake something like that but have no desire for that 2nd string LB from the Chiefs unless he went to Penn State or something local.

Good luck

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im not knocking what you do, just is alot of work and wish you the best! I know that there are some guys on here that discourage mass mailers to people just to get an autograph. Im not saying I would not like to undertake something like that but have no desire for that 2nd string LB from the Chiefs unless he went to Penn State or something local.

Good luck

well i may not do a full 500. thats my goal but ill do all starters first then some of the backups that i also like. plus a backup is only ever a play away from being a starter so ya never know. gotta get em while you can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12