Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hollywood42's Running Baseball Mailday/s Thread- Part 2!

Welcome to my 2nd thread dedicated to my mailday posts! Whenever I get a cool shipment of cards in, I will post what all I got in here. You may know that I have already had a running maildays/s thread. I still have this thread, but I will no longer be posting in it. I will get to the reasons for that in a minute, but if you ever want to look at my past mailday posts, head over to that thread! Here's a link to it- http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...ilday-s-Thread!

Now, the reasons I am making a new mailday thread. First of all, my old thread was getting massive- It was approaching its 9th page of posts, and is getting close to 3,000 thread views. It was also getting a few pages into my "My Threads" page and starting to get hard to find. However, the biggest reason for this new thread is because while I change threads, I will be changing where I use my pictures from at the same time. I have always used Photobucket, and every picture in my old thread is provided via Photobucket. However, I have run into many issues with Photobucket recently, and I am past the point of trying to deal with it when I log in every time. So, I am in the process of moving my entire card collection to a up and coming new site, Sports Card Album. I won't waste too much space telling you guys about it, but it is a fairly new site that is basically Photobucket for sports cards. I like it a lot, and I would recommend you check it out, regardless of what photo-sharing site you currently use. Anyways, from here on out, I will only be using Sports Card Album (SCA, as I may refer to it in the future). All of my pictures in this thread will come from SCA. I like the layout of SCA a lot, and it made links and everything to pictures incredibly easy. So, those are a few reasons why I am making a new running mailday/s thread. Now that you know why, let's get back to the cards!

Some of you may have already seen this first set of cards- I posted a different thread with them all in it the other day because the lot was so amazing. So, I won't spend much time telling you about this lot or how I got it, rather I'll just show you the cards. If you want to hear a bit more about it, I have some more info in that single thread I made for this lot, here's a link- http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...ng-mailday-yet!

So, I'll just quickly post the cards and drool over them a bit more! I must say again how awesome of a lot it was- I got them all in a single eBay win. Worked with the seller for months to work out a deal and it finally went thru and now I have some amazing additions to my Chris Herrmann PC! Here's the goods!

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects X-Fractors Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    NFT | Serial Number: 098/199

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Blue Refractors Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    NFT | Serial Number: 50/99

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Blue Refractors Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    NFT | Serial Number: 53/99 | Grader: BGS | Grade: 9.5

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Gold Refractors Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    NFT | Serial Number: 17/50

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Orange Refractors Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    NFT | Serial Number: 11/25 | Grader: BGS | Grade: 9.5

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Red Refractors Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    NFT | Serial Number: 4/5 | Grader: BGS | Grade: 9.5

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Printing Plates Cyan Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    1/1 | NFT | Serial Number: 1/1 | Grader: BGS | Grade: 9

2009 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Printing Plates Black Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    1/1 | NFT | Serial Number: 1/1

2009 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Red Chris Herrmann BDPP-57
    1/1 | NFT | Serial Number: 1/1 | Grader: BGS | Grade: Authentic

So, there you have it! An amazing lot of Chris Herrmann cards that I got in from one single eBay with. Absolutely amazing lot, I'm so glad I was able to make a deal for it! This lot alone jumped my Chris Herrmann completion percentage up to 39%! We're getting closer and closer to that elusive 100% completion every day! Again, I said more about this lot in my other single thread I made for showing off this lot (Link is above), so head over to that thread if you want to know more. Or, just post below!

I do have a few more cards to show off, but I think I'm going to publish this thread and then post a reply for the next 2-card lot I have. Then I will be all up to date and everything with my new thread! Thanks for the look guys, and I hope you enjoy Part 2 of my running mailday/s threads!
    Supercollecting the Twins and Chris Herrmann
    Also collecting Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Check out my baseball blog at dugoutdiscussions.blogspot.com Hidden Content

Alright guys, sorry for a longer delay between posts than I thought, but I am finally caught up with my pictures on SCA- I now have all of my Twins auto/GU/etc PC uploaded there and I am where I want to be. So, I have some more pics to show off! In no particular order, here are some cards I have gotten in recently:

2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Michael Cuddyer 317 SP
    NFT

2014 Topps Saber Stars Michael Cuddyer SST-12
    NFT

2014 Topps Power Players Michael Cuddyer PP-188
    NFT

There's just a couple of Cuddy cards for my new relaxed PC of him. Nothing special, but nice cards. Here's some cooler stuff:

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter Fields of Yore Relics Sportsman's Park FOYR-SP
    MEM

I'll be honest here, I bought this Sportsman's Park relic with every intention of flipping it- I bought it at a good price and was pretty sure I would be able to make a decent profit on it and save up to a PC card I have my eye on. However, I changed my mind once I saw the cad- It's super cool! This is definitely staying in my collection for awhile now, and I may try to track down the other Fields of Yore relics as well. I really like this card

2014 Topps Trajectory Relics Aaron Hicks TR-AH
    MEM | NFT

2013 Bowman Chrome Mini Printing Plates Black Derrick Peniella 66
    NFT | 1/1 | Serial Number: 1/1

I got this Penilla 1/1 plate in a package along with the Hicks relic above, and a green refractor of Adam Walker #ed/75 from a guy that I sent a stack of inserts for- These inserts weren't anything special to me and I have been trying to reduce some inventory anyways, so sending off a big stack of them for a couple of nice Twins PC cards was just about the perfect deal! I was surprised to be able to get a 1/1 out of it, but I'm not complaining at all!

2013 Bowman Draft Purple Ice Kyle Gibson 22
    NFT | Serial Number: 08/10

I love this Kyle Gibson. Comes from one of my favorite sets (by eye appeal, at least), and I absolutely love the ice parallels, especially the colored/numbered ones, so this was an awesome find! Got it at a steal of a price too. 1 of 10 and an awesome looking card- Love it!

That's everything that I've gotten in recently that I have to share! I've spent a lot of time recently uploading a ton of pictures to my Sports Card Album account- I'm exactly where I want to be with that now, and I'm super happy that I finished that project! I'm not sure if I'll have any more cards coming in soon- I'm off on a vacation in a couple of days, then I just have a few more days at home before I leave for college. Then it will probably be awhile before I get any more trades going. But we'll see! I might bring along a 800 count box full of inserts and other tradable cards and see if I can keep some PWE trades going in my spare time. But I'm not sure yet. I have a short break from classes in October, so I might leave everything at home until then and then bring a little bit to campus. But yeah I'm not quite sure yet. But I digress. I don't have any more cards to share today, so I'll end my rambling and finish off this post- Thanks for the read!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Issues posting a massive, exciting update. Going to try this again the slow way later tonight or tomorrow!
    Last edited by Hollywood42; 09-02-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks much! Working on another post that will list all of my adds from the last few weeks before I moved into college, but I'm having a couple troubles. I'll get it figured out eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Great stuff so far!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Alright, let's see if this works better this time around! I am all settled into college and everything now, just had my first full day of classes today. Going to unwind a little bit and post an end of the summer update! These are cards that I got from many different deals during a mass of buying, selling and trading over my last few weeks at home. So, here's the goods!

I'll start off with a couple of things that will not be pictured:

-3 different 2007 UD Generation Now inserts of Justin Morneau
    -2009 Topps Moments & Milestones card of Johan Satnana, #ed/150
    -Kevin Slowey Bowman 1st year card gold parallel
    -Michael Cuddyer Bowman RC
    -2010 Topps 206 Polar Beat Mini of Delmon Young
    -Brian Dozier Bowman Platinum RC base card
    -1964 Topps Strikeout leaders card (Pascual and Stigman repping the Twins)
    -Another '60s Twins card of the coaches

I got the majority of those cards from a box at a card shop in Duluth from a 29 cent box- I was pretty happy with the cheap pickups! That being said, I have a lot more, much better stuff coming, so keep reading!

The rest of these will be in no particular order, but I'll start with the newest cards in my Chris Herrmann PC:

2013 Panini America's Pastime Chris Herrmann 226
    NFT | Serial Number: 056/125

2013 Topps Silver Slate Blue Sparkle Wrapper Redemption Chris Herrmann 335
    NFT

2013 Select Chris Herrmann 199
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 557/750

2013 Topps Mini Printing Plates Yellow Chris Herrmann 335

I'm pretty stoked about those adds! Another RC of this, a sweet looking parallel to his Topps card, my first cert auto of him, plus another 1/1! I now have half of his plates from 2013 Topps Mini, and 7 overall- 26% of the Herrmann 1/1s in existence!

Now, onto the general Twins cards! Again, these will be in no real order, but I might comment on some of them here and there.

2012 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Gold Refractors Chris Parmelee 162
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 36/50

One of the cheap COMC pickups from my haul

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Team Six Swatch Single Minnesota Twins (Santana/Mays/Morneau/Hunter/Stewart/Cuddyer) TS-41
    MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 075/150

Got this one for just $3! That's 50 cents per relic on the card, I love it a lot!

2007 Bowman Printing Plates Magenta Michael Cuddyer 94

If you list a Cuddy 1/1 on COMC for just $8, I will buy it. Period.

2008 Razor Letterman 20 Carlos Gutierrez CG-U
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 20/20

Tracked down another one of these! I now need just the first 'E' and the 'Z' to complete the full lettermen set!

2012 National Treasures Prime Bert Blyleven 117
    MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 10/25

2013 Bowman Black Collection Autographs Ryan Eades BBC-RE
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 12/25

2014 Topps Tier One Acclaimed Autographs Silver Ink Ricky Nolasco AA-RNO
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 05/10

I'm super, super stoked about these last 2 autos- I absolutely love silver ink on a black background. I had been looking for an affordable Bowman Black auto of a Twin, but could only find Sano, Buxton, and Kepler- None of these were going at a reasonable/realistic range for me. But I happened to search one last time for Twins Bowman Black autos on COMC, and this Eades happened to be there for a good price! So, I snatched it up! Then, I was looking for some more 2014 Twins autos/relics because I only had one at this time, and I stumbled on that Noasco /10 for a good price as well- I brainer! Super happy about these two cards making their way into my collection

2013 Topps Chrome Autographs Rookie Variation Oswaldo Arcia
    AU | NFT

This one was actually a surprise redemption mailday from Topps! I had known Arcia had signed and the cards were ready to go, but I checked a few times and it hadn't sent yet, so this one was a nice surprise!

2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Orange Refractors Kyle Gibson 22
    NFT | Serial Number: 18/25

2013 Topps Chrome Gold Refractors Aaron Hicks 179
    NFT | Serial Number: 31/50

2013 Topps Chrome Gold Refractors Joe Mauer 38
    NFT | Serial Number: 19/50

A couple of nice shiny adds

1963 Topps John Goryl 314
    NFT

1963 Topps Frank Sullivan 389
    NFT

1963 Topps Robin Roberts 125

1953 Topps Gene Hermanski 179

These last 4 vintage cards were all cards I found at an antique shop in Grand Marais, MN while on vacation. I got the 4 of them for around $20 total, so I was pretty happy about it. The first 2 are just common Twins that I needed for sets, The Roberts I picked up because I thought I was getting it at a good price, and I got the Cubs player one because I absolutely love that Cubs logo- It's so cool!

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autographs Torii Hunter 50
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 4,906/5,000

2013 Bowman Platinum Prospect Autographs Nate Roberts BPAP-NR
    AU | NFT

2003 Fleer Authentix Game Jersey Torii Hunter
    MEM | NFT

2013 Topps Tribute Autographs Sepia Scott Diamond TA-SD
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 14/35

I have the blue version of this card, the one numbered to 50, so this might become a rainbow project! We'll see how it goes

2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Hometown Currency Coins Scott Diamond 138
    NFT | Serial Number: 3/5

Finally, I saw this card and just had to have it. It's a really unique card, just one of 5, and it has a Canadian quarter in it (Diamond is from Canada). I was able to get it at a good price too, and I'm loving it!

Well, that's everything that I have to show off from the last few weeks of summer! It was a crazy, crazy time with a vacation, getting ready for college, and saying goodbye to so many friends and family members, but these packages helped me stay sane thru it all. So to everyone that had any sort of deal with me in August, thank you much. I'm all settled in and (almost!) adjusted to the college life now, but these packages definitely helped me a lot, and I got some amazing cards added to my collection. So, before I am get back to computer science reading and discrete mathematics problems, thank you much for the read! It will probably be awhile before I am able to finish off some more trades and post in this thread again, but I will definitely be trying to complete a few deals along the way. Thanks again for any of you that made a deal with me, and thanks to all of you for the look!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hello again everyone! Since moving into college, things have been pretty darn slow in the trading world. However, I had a weekend off in October where I was able to complete a couple trades. I wasn't able to get the cards until last weekend when I was around for Thanksgiving break, but I had a chance to update my site and get pictures of the new adds, so I thought I would share them here!

2012 Topps Finest Rookie Autographs Refractors Liam Hendriks AR-LH
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 92/99

2014 Topps Finest Rookie Autographs Josmil Pinto RA-JPI
    AU | NFT

2010 In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits Series 2 Heroes Autographs Bert Blyleven HA-BB
    AU | NFT

2013 Bowman Victory Autographs Nate Roberts BVA-NR
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 09/10

2013 Select Prizm Gold Chris Herrmann 199
    AU | NFT | Serial Number: 13/25

2013 Panini America's Pastime Green Chris Herrmann 226
    NFT | Serial Number: 06/10

I'm very happy with what I have gotten in recently! Just a couple things worth mentioning about these cards I've gotten in:

-Along with the Bert auto, I got a small lot of about 25-40 Twins cards, a mix of base and inserts that includes a bunch of Brian Dozier RCs
    -I had purchased the Xfractor version of that Finest Josmil Pinto auto, but I got ripped off and never received it. However, when I vented my frustrating to another member, he sent me a base auto of Pinto from the set for free! Thanks much to that member, you are awesome!
    -Very happy to find that Bowman Victory auto of Nate Roberts- I got it for a great price!
    -The Green Chris Herrmann parallel from America's Pastime #ed/10 completed my Herrmann rainbow from the set! It's the first rainbow I have completed, and I'm super stoked about it even though it is only 4 cards long! Here's what the full thing looks like:

Left to right, it is the base #ed/125, Gold #ed/25, Green #ed/10, and the Black #ed/1! Super happy to finish off a rainbow!

That's all I have to share from the past few months, thanks for the look! I have 2 packages from COMC's Black Friday weekend deals coming in, and I will be able to go thru those cards and post updates here when I am home for Christmas break in just a few weeks. Thanks again for the look!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

*Note about above post* I don't know why my Sports Card Album pictures in the above post are cut off at the bottom- I promise you they are completely normal in person!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Awesome PC! Keep it up.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware Super Collector

Thank you much! I have some really fun cards coming in from COMC that will be a blast to share. I'm hoping that over my Christmas break I will be able to do some work with finding stats for my collection so I can submit an application to the team super collector program. Not sure if I'm there yet, but I figure why not give it a shot and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by jrlebert View Post
    Awesome PC! Keep it up.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast