Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Early 1950's Card Stash Find- What do I got here?

Hello guys and gals. My name is Pat. I'm a former hockey card collector from Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
    Recently a my best buddy moved a couple hours away from our area into an old farm house. Well upon cleaning the place he found a number of things stashed away. Included in this were 20 some baseball cards from the 1950's. Knowing I'm a former hockey card collector he asked me if what he found might be worth something. When I saw them I said, "YES". As a result he packaged them up and sent them out to me. I said I would look after selling them for him.

I have yet to look them up in the Beckett guide as to their value as I am just starting this process but I thought I would post them here for you guys to have a look at. Does my buddy have something here? Most of them are in very. Hopefully you can see enough to get the idea of what I have here.

Really looking forward to your your replies.

Last edited by piranha; 09-01-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Greetings:
    Any chance you could show backs please thanks.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BSEBALLCOMMISH75 View Post
    Greetings:
    Any chance you could show backs please thanks.

I just tried uploading a pic of the backs but it said I went over my pic size quota. I tried removing the original pic to replace it with a smaller size so I could fit the second pic but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

Greetings:
    I'm not sure myself but I hope someone can help out. No offense I just like to see the backs on them.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Greetings:
    I'm not sure myself but I hope someone can help out. No offense I just like to see the backs on them.
    You betcha.

A lot of ppl are collecting the 1952 cards...So far,most looks to be in good shape except for the 2 with the fronts missing part of it.If the backs are in good shape,no writing,glue marks etc. then you should be able to get something for them!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Braves/Falcons/UGA/Hawks/Thrashers/GU/Autos or Vintage
    Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Thanks for showing the backs however I cant zoom on them like you had in the past so I could look at them more clearly so if its possible could you try it again please thanks.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Thanks for showing the backs however I cant zoom on them like you had in the past so I could look at them more clearly so if its possible could you try it again please thanks.
    It doesn't allow for much larger kb's. I'll put together a list this week and try to grade them as best I can. And if someone was interested in a specific one they could contact me for pics.

Greetings:
    The reason I asked for a better back side I was checking them all out for a friend of mine. What you did the first time on zoom help some hence the request for the backs.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast