Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

Looks very confusing........... i'm getting my first box this week, hope to help clarify things, or maybe bring more confusion........ Bought a couple of packs last week-end to see and i'm now totally confused ! What's the difference between golds, metal and metal X ? If i get it right, the metal are look-alike versions of the golds, except that there is a little silver edge around the player and team logo. And the metal X have the same silver edges and a plain mirror-like background. Picked also what i thing is a gold hi-number card, not stated as being part of this release ! Am-i right, or totally off the track ? Help !

I have understood that mountain top versions of Metal-X are pretty easy to recognize, because there's those mountain tops all over the card.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Metal X are very easy to recognize with the "mountain-top" markings on it. The gold ones have a Rainbow shine to them, thats the best I can describe

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

Metal X are very easy to recognize with the "mountain-top" markings on it. The gold ones have a Rainbow shine to them, thats the best I can describe

The problem is that not all Metal-X cards have those mountain tops.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spavs's Items on eBay

I hate parrallels

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See normside's Items on eBay

Opened my first OPC Update box today.......... and still confused. I think i got 5 Metal X, i see tire threads or mountains, i see some dark with a rainbow type appearance.......... some don't, and many have silver contours around the player's body and team logo.......... Confused is not the word, totally lost and frustrated ! So, i give this a try. I wrote to Upper Deck ......... an automated e-mail says that i should get an answer within 48 hrs......... we'll see. If i don't get an answer, they will get a second one, and a third one ! I won't quit.

As for the regulars borders, i think that 601-700 have gold borders, and 701-800 have red-brown borders.
    OPC Base set builder + Orr, Bourque, Lidstrom, Harvey & Robinson + UD main set Habs only.

Wantlist - Hidden Content
    Tradelist - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j7records's Items on eBay

I´ve just opened my first OPC Update box and I can only agree with all those who have problem spotting the difference between metal and metal X.
    2 of my metal x had the mountain top, 4 didn´t. They just give a more "rainbow" shine when reflected in the light.

It´s gonna be real hard trying to tell the difference on a photo when buying online...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not usually. Pretty much all of the photos/scans I've seen of the Metal cards have them very dark while the Metal X are much brighter and have the rainbow effect (as per above) - what may throw people off would be inaccurate listings.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See normside's Items on eBay

Asked to UD on Tuesday....no answer so far. Poking them again.........and will again if they don't answer !

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

From everything I've seen and heard the different Metal "variations" you mentioned are simply different looks on each of the 200 cards due to the different background colours/designs and there is not one of each per card. I could be wrong, but that's what I've come up with so far, and I've done a LOT of searching for info on these blasted parallels! LOL

I've heard there's four versions of Metal-X cards. Mountains comes in dark and light, "non-mountains" comes in "smooth" and "vertical bars.

Whether all four versions exists for all 800 cards is unknown to me.

Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

From everything I've seen and heard the different Metal "variations" you mentioned are simply different looks on each of the 200 cards due to the different background colours/designs and there is not one of each per card. I could be wrong, but that's what I've come up with so far, and I've done a LOT of searching for info on these blasted parallels! LOL

That's right Dave - the "variant within the variant" is largely something for the extreme completionists out there who have to have 'em all. Even I don't need 4 Gorges Metal X cards with various mountaining on them! LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast