Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

RGM81 - great post and a great guide.

This does go to show though that parallels don't do any justice to the hobby. What goes into boxes and gets packaged out as product should be clear by whomever owns it. It's unfortunate that collectors need to be members on a message board to gain clarity.

I don't mind parallels... the retro variations were ingenious by UD and an ode to OPC. But a whole slew of indistinguishable parallels is just a cheap way of inserting "collectibility" into a product. By all means, let there be a "parallel lovers product" and let that product be Artifacts or Black Diamond, but I don't think it's necessary to have more than one parallel in every product.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

RGM81 - great post and a great guide.

This does go to show though that parallels don't do any justice to the hobby. What goes into boxes and gets packaged out as product should be clear by whomever owns it. It's unfortunate that collectors need to be members on a message board to gain clarity.

I don't mind parallels... the retro variations were ingenious by UD and an ode to OPC. But a whole slew of indistinguishable parallels is just a cheap way of inserting "collectibility" into a product. By all means, let there be a "parallel lovers product" and let that product be Artifacts or Black Diamond, but I don't think it's necessary to have more than one parallel in every product.

I understand what you are saying. In my opinions those parallels are ok as long as they have something to give - like signatures or so. And I'm pretty angry about the fooling of customers with product names. For example I have four different versions Cody McLeod's SP Game Used card, but none of those has nothing Game Used. Absolutely nothing. Also the numbering of cards are screwed up, UD informed about card #148, but it doesn't seem to even exist. Also these "Oops... Parallels" like Metal-X variations and blank backs etc. etc. are nothing short of ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fleurynut's Items on eBay

geschrocks33 - that is exactly what I was referring to.

I am still have a hard time telling the metal and the metal x apart. Eight of the cards in the box have a higher gloss shine than the rest. Of these eight one is very different in that the border has diagonal lines instead of the dots or squares. So confusing.

I wish that Upper Deck would put clarifying pictures on their website.
    Collect Crown Royale, OPC & McD

[Trade List/Wantlist: Hidden Content

Photogallery of OPC PC: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've heard there's four versions of Metal-X cards. Mountains comes in dark and light, "non-mountains" comes in "smooth" and "vertical bars.

Whether all four versions exists for all 800 cards is unknown to me.

That means there's possible 10 versions of each of those 800 cards
    -Base
    -Gold/Rainbow
    -Metal
    -Metal-X Regular (this smooth version)
    -Metal-X Extra Gold (this vertical bar version)
    -Metal-X Dark Mountain Top
    -Metal-X Light Mountain Top
    -Retro
    -Retro Rainbow
    -Retro Blank Backs

The one who collects all 8 000 cards gets a free case of beer from me.

I'd heard about the various variations of the Metal X variant. To that I say, good day, sir! It could just be a different way they came off the printer, but no matter how desperate I am to get some new Gorges cards (OPC is his only release this season!) even that is way too OCD for me!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Yeah I just want one Metal X version, and the other versions, and I consider that my rainbow lol, I don't care about more versions. I'm having enough of a fun time chasing down Artifacts Parallels for my other PC people

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I just want one Metal X version, and the other versions, and I consider that my rainbow lol, I don't care about more versions. I'm having enough of a fun time chasing down Artifacts Parallels for my other PC people

I'm not going to judge you. But still, one thing that comes to my mind is that you have a lot of cards to collect anyway, I mean, I think there's barely 50 McLeods with all the variations, so I would say that might explain something why some people tries to collect all the variations.

But like said, I'm not judging you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fleurynut's Items on eBay

For everyones info the red border cards are the cards listed on the UD site as the "OPC Update Regular Cards".

SCF Rewards
    Country

OMG @ all the Metal X variants. UD is totally out of control!

SCF Rewards
    Country

OMG @ all the Metal X variants. UD is totally out of control!

That's the problem here. At least officially they have no idea what Metal-X cards exists. I mean, yes 800 card numbers, but how many of those four versions exists for each card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See normside's Items on eBay

Looks very confusing........... i'm getting my first box this week, hope to help clarify things, or maybe bring more confusion........ Bought a couple of packs last week-end to see and i'm now totally confused ! What's the difference between golds, metal and metal X ? If i get it right, the metal are look-alike versions of the golds, except that there is a little silver edge around the player and team logo. And the metal X have the same silver edges and a plain mirror-like background. Picked also what i thing is a gold hi-number card, not stated as being part of this release ! Am-i right, or totally off the track ? Help !
    OPC Base set builder + Orr, Bourque, Lidstrom, Harvey & Robinson + UD main set Habs only.

Wantlist - Hidden Content
    Tradelist - Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast