Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Coming up on my Two Year Anniversary

I began doing TTM earnestly on April 30, 2007. I just did a quick count of how many requests I have sent out during that span and was shocked to see 2,333 of them have gone through the mail. At $0.42 per stamp that is $979.86. What is even more amazing is I don't regret a single cent of it. 1,014 have come back successes! A 43% success rate or 1.38 back per day. Not bad considering I have had RTS's, UTF's, guys who refuse to sign, guys who want money, and all the in between.
    Let me tell you, that was a lot of counting as I keep track of my requests in a black ledger book from Wal-Mart.
    To celebrate my upcoming two year anniversary I think I will try a massive mailing on that day. I'll write a letter every chance I get. My goal is 100 hand written letters all addressed and stamped with their SASE's. I think I can do this!
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Congrats and nice job. Goodluck on your mass mailing. The most I have ever sent out at once was 20.

SCF Rewards
    Country

congrats that is a quite an accomplishment! Also Good luck with the 100 letter mailing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thank you both.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck man I hope you get all 100. Cograts on the 2 year anniversary (sorry if i spelled it wrong i'm tired) too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thank you!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congrats on the first two years! I personally try not to think about the cost of the hobby. My wife loves that I do this as she can always make me a package of envelopes, stamps, labels, computer ink and photo paper for my birthday and Christmas!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wmhc28413's Items on eBay

wow thats a pretty good success rate and congrats on the two years and let us know if you reach your goal of 100 mail day.... man thats a lot of letters to sit down write my hand hurts thinking about it but good luck i hope you hit your goal....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on the 2 year mark. Good luck on reaching your 100 letter goal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thanks guys. I try not to think about the pain in my hand, I pace myself at work and when I get a moment. It takes me about 4 minutes to write one letter, 2 mins to look up and address the envelope and less than a minute to do the SASE. I got this down to a science. I wonder if anyone else is as nuts as I am? Does anyone else occasionally do a stat sheet on their hobby?
    How does everyone keep track of the letters they mail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast