Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BGS or PSA?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

I'm more than happy to see Anthony go... he was begging for it.

Anyhow...

I prefer BGS for several major reasons:

1) thicker, more durable case
    2) basic grading breakdown
    3) high resale value
    4) reliable, credible, detailed grading

PSA is a tight 2nd for me because of their resale value and consistant grading. However, their holders are too easily broken and they provide zero insight into why each card received the grades they do. At least with BGS, you have a clue.

I've never given any real credability to SGC. They started out as a stamps & coins grading company, became the end all be all of comic book grading, and developed their sports card grading to directly compete with PSA. However... they didn't really come up with anything unique other than a new grading number system.

BGS separated themselves from the pack, and has since had other companies try to go head to head with their advantages. The newest thing from BGS is great in my opinion, the GGUM cards. These are the ones that come with a piece of game used material inside the graded card holder, along with the card, which is graded. It's completely over priced if you do it yourself. However, I've been able to pick up some of these cards on ebay very cheaply.

my 3 cents...
    thekingpin

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tytamkeira's Items on eBay

Now as I know many people prefer BGS over PSA. I am one of those people. The olny thing I would have to question is the BCCG thing that Beckett is doing. Is it even worth the time to go that way or to even buy them? Lets say you have a card. It grades BCCG 10 mint or better. Wouldn't you rather have the chance to get a BGS 9.5 or should I say even a BGS 10? I know that the 10 is of course the hardest to get but you will never know what you have if you go with BCCG. hehe. As always that is my 2 cents. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

SCF Rewards

Why would one handle a card with latex gloves? How does handling a card with one's hands, assuming you didn't just change your oil and oil filter (or any activity that gets hands smudged), cause a card to detract in value?

Do the card experts here seriously handle all good cards with latex gloves?

I only asked b/c I've got some vintage cards from 1950-10960s Topps that I removed from top load top covers and placed them in the thicker card holders.....and did it with my hands, without any latex gloves.

Same for my Jerry Rice rookies.

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

I prefer PSA over all of them. BGS/BVG is not for me as there is too much of a conflict of interest with them grading cards and then pricing them in their price guides. It is true in some cases that BGS cards will realize better prices but that is for modern cards only. Any vintage card collector knows PSA will receive more resale value than any BVG card. I have never tried SGC but have heard that they are pretty good.

SCF Rewards

PSA, BGS, BCCG, SGC....damnn, are there any other grading card company?

Just found out about SGC today.

Found out about BCCG just the other day.

SCF Rewards
    See mantleman777's Items on eBay

whats with bccg grading thats just horse™™™™ nobody wants it bgs should be held accountable for this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12