Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Josh Hamilton IP Good Story

On Sunday and Monday, Josh Hamilton was doing a rehad stint with the Oklahoma Redhawks (AAA for the Rangers). He played in two games against the Round Rock Express (AAA for the Astros) at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock. This guy was a class act. He left after the 7th inning on Sunday and said that he'd come back out to sign a little later. During the 9th, he came out of the clubhouse and told everyone there (at least 100 people) that as long as people didn't yell for him that he'd stay. He signed everything that anyone wanted signed, posed for a lot of pictures and talked with the fans. Even as more people came over, he stayed until everything was signed. Not bad for a guy of his caliber at an away game in the minor leagues. I ended up with an 8x10 and two baseballs signed.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

wow! Hamilton is a class A type of guy, he appriciates where he is at in Baseball, very good to hear this
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

This guy is the perfect story. I love his rebound from drugs and the dark side. I love his love of the game. What he did in the home run derby last summer was a thing of beauty. To hear New York fall in love with this guy was something else. He ranks among my all-time favorites.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

This guy is the perfect story. I love his rebound from drugs and the dark side. I love his love of the game. What he did in the home run derby last summer was a thing of beauty. To hear New York fall in love with this guy was something else. He ranks among my all-time favorites.

could not agree more

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (105)
    Country

Yep, he is awesome. Love a feel good story like his.

Blog Entries
    Country

Definately a class act, what a nice and humble guy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

It's hard not to root for a guy like that. His performance in the HR derby last season was one of the best moments in baseball in a long time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

great story and definately a class act. wish i would've known he was there. i dont live too far from Dell Diamond. i went to the Longhorns signing they had there last month

SCF Rewards
    Country

A friend related this story to me. He was once years ago standing in line to get Cal Ripken's autograph and Hamilton was line with the rest of the people to get Cal's auto. He was still a bonus baby prospect with the D'Rays when this occurred so it is not surprising that he likes to sign for the fans. He was an avid autograph seeker himself before.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wish he was like this at the hotel in Chicago... he signed about 10 graphs and then stopped after seing someone followed him from the stadium. Congrats though! Any chance the 8x10 is for trade or sale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast