Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Thanks for this thread guys. I am probably going to send a jersey to Shaun Rogers.

    People have mentioned sending a letter ahead of time to ask permission to send large items, but I don't know what to say or whether they would rather not be bothered twice and just send the thing and get it overwith.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornjunkie View Post
    Thanks for this thread guys. I am probably going to send a jersey to Shaun Rogers.

    People have mentioned sending a letter ahead of time to ask permission to send large items, but I don't know what to say or whether they would rather not be bothered twice and just send the thing and get it overwith.
    worst comes to worst they'll just return it. then you can send it to someone else. big deal.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacAndMark View Post
    worst comes to worst they'll just return it. then you can send it to someone else. big deal.
    It's a Rogers jersey though

    But yeah, no harm no foul if they just send it back. I'll probably send it some type of DC or certified for my own sanity.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornjunkie View Post
    It's a Rogers jersey though

    But yeah, no harm no foul if they just send it back. I'll probably send it some type of DC or certified for my own sanity.
    i was thinking about mini helmets. maybe it's easier just to send a mini helmet?

  5. #15
    I'd watch anyone with the Browns. Current players seem to be HORRIBLE if you send c/o team. I haven't had any luck in years now with them- but I did get a Mangini signed 8x10 a few weeks after they announced him as head coach.

  6. #16
    The worst that happens is that you don't get back what you sent. That's always a possibility. Collectors send a permission letter ahead of larger items for a few reasons:

    1. It's polite. It takes up more of the signer's time to open, sign and repackage your item, so being extra polite is always wise.

    2. It helps avoid any surprises. Does the signer charge a fee for items other than cards? Do they have a personal policy of not signing items other than flats? Is there a fee that you didn't know about before you sent it?

    3. It betters your chance of success. Premium items sell for more and the signers know it. A permission letter may help to lessen the fear that you're simply trying to make a buck off of the signer.

  7. #17
    Be careful about what you send and to who. It could get very expensive to send a few mini helmets and not get them back. Not to mention the wasted postage. A letter costs 88 cents rount trip and you could send that to them to see if they would grant your request.

    That is alot better than sending a 20 dollar mini helmet plus the shipping both ways only to have it returned unsigned, or worse, NEVER SEE IT AGAIN!!!


    Pete
    Collecting Phillies and Eagles cards and autos from any era. If you wore a Phils jersey, I WANT YOUR CARD!!!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RockiesFan33 View Post
    The worst that happens is that you don't get back what you sent. That's always a possibility. Collectors send a permission letter ahead of larger items for a few reasons:

    1. It's polite. It takes up more of the signer's time to open, sign and repackage your item, so being extra polite is always wise.

    2. It helps avoid any surprises. Does the signer charge a fee for items other than cards? Do they have a personal policy of not signing items other than flats? Is there a fee that you didn't know about before you sent it?

    3. It betters your chance of success. Premium items sell for more and the signers know it. A permission letter may help to lessen the fear that you're simply trying to make a buck off of the signer.
    What should be included with the letter? Obviously an SASE to write back... thinking about putting my cell # and e-mail address on there to give as many channels for response as possible but would that seem stalker-ish or pathetic?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •