Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually there are 100 Felt Backs. Thing about them is they aren't marked Topps anywhere on the card. Sure they are hard to find but no more so than the 48 Leafs and things like that. So your average non-collector has NO idea what they are in fact since they are marked as college cards and nothing else makes it even harder for the non-collector to know what they have so they don't think to eBay it or anything. Funny thing is that my card dealer has had them before I started collecting Steelers and send them to Dr. Beckett cause he collects them. Dr. Beckett NEVER sells his cards. I figure he has a few dupes sitting around too.lol As far as my Steeler set goes I have every All-Time Steelers true rookie. I don't have all their rookies except the pre-80's stuff. And they are all usually Ex or better which was costly.lol And I put them together in less than 3 months! I know there are at least 8 Stautners floating around available to buy right now but all of them are graded and way over priced. But I am gonna find one. The Namath rookie is a tough one. So is the Jim Brown but I've had both of those too. I am gonna keep on looking. Just not here. Maybe I will find one at a flea market. One can hope.lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

i meant 1950, not the number 50...

but yeah, set building is a whole different animal than simply buying high end rookie card auto/patch/jersey/kidney cards #d out of 1 or less...

Dont have a JB RC yet either, but the LCS has one of those, that hes holding for me until after nationals...

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol Sorry I really did think you meant 50 cards. My bad. Yeah the set building is so rewarding though. My older brother lived near Canada and in that area they lived and died by building sets. He could get stars all day long but those common players always brought a premium there. I think the hardest parts of set building is all those dang commons. I mean I had a tough time getting a 98 Press Pass Alan Faneca(the card that caused me to be a member here.),1975 Ernie Holmes, and a centered 1989 Tunch Ilkin. But when I got those cards it was so much better than the day I got my Bradshaw rookie. Congrats on that Jim Brown. If I would have known what I really had when I had mine. I was about 7 or 8 and I bought a guy's whole football collection. It was 56 Topps to 78 Topps. There was a lot of near sets in there too. And one or two full sets. But this was in like 1988 so these cards were worth dirt compared to baseball. I traded them all for 68 Nolan Ryan(which was nice). But I kick myself everyday since beginning like 1992.lol I had all the big rookies out of all those sets and in some cases, many multiples. Okay I am gonna stop cause I am hating myself a bit more now.lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12