Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See timmy_time_55's Items on eBay

Thanks for the links to those articles. I remember doing this when I was little, and actually had some success (Mario Lemieux in his final season, and John Smoltz too).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What to write will vary with every individual who writes and to everyone they write to. Some guys will simply write may I have your autograph on an index card and thanks. That to me is very rude and not personal at all. I am not saying to write a five page letter, but I usually fill a page. My typical letter will start with a 10-12 sentences telling the player why I am a fan of theirs. I will usually have a second paragraph about current stuff on their team and or sport. The last paragraph I explain that I collect autographs and politely ask for their signature. Letters too long most likely will not be read and being too short seems rude and can effect your success rates. The main thing to remember is to be nice and remember they are doing you a favor by signing your items! Looking forward to seeing your successes!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See timmy_time_55's Items on eBay

I agree, thanks indy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox New England Patriots Boston Bruins
    See eric0's Items on eBay

This is interesting. Definitely something to look into. But I have a couple questions in general.

First, how personal do you get with your letter? Do you call them by their first name or is it more of a "Hello Mr. Player type of thing?

Also, what time of year is good to send stuff to active players? Would it be better to send during the season so they can get mail sent to them through the stadium, or would they be too busy then?

I realize the answers will vary depending on the player, but I'm curious about any overall observations.

And one last question, after looking through some names on the list I keep seeing acronyms like "ROMLB". What does it mean?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

I'm not the expert, but will try to answer your questions!

This is interesting. Definitely something to look into. But I have a couple questions in general.

First, how personal do you get with your letter? Do you call them by their first name or is it more of a "Hello Mr. Player type of thing?

I really don't think it will matter. Go with the full name (i.e. Joe Montana vice Joe) if you want to be proper.

Also, what time of year is good to send stuff to active players? Would it be better to send during the season so they can get mail sent to them through the stadium, or would they be too busy then?

I'd say off-season is best for the star athletes. There is just too much demand for them during the season. Wait to send during the off season for best results!

I realize the answers will vary depending on the player, but I'm curious about any overall observations.

And one last question, after looking through some names on the list I keep seeing acronyms like "ROMLB". What does it mean?

Not sure, I think it is something like "Care of MLB."

SCF Rewards
    Country

how do you request a team fan pack? do you send a email or letter and what do you say? Thanks.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

how do you request a team fan pack? do you send a email or letter and what do you say? Thanks.

If you use the ttm form the e-mails will be provided for you to request a fanpack. Of course it always better to write a nice e-mail when asking for one. What team are you planning on writing too?

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm planning on writhing to the OK city Thunder

SCF Rewards
    Country

anybody have any idea if these are better to do in the off season or during the season...just wonder if they are at the stadium much during the off season

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

anybody have any idea if these are better to do in the off season or during the season...just wonder if they are at the stadium much during the off season

I suggest you post in the TTM forum: Through The Mail (TTM)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast