Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for cleaning up some of the posts, Karine.

Part of my post that was removed detailed another patch forger that we are following - a guy who mostly does football cards, and in a very similar situation, seems to have two accounts - 1 buys the plain patch card, the other sells the altered patch card. Will keep you all informed when we bust this guy too.

Back on topic... this investigation is ongoing and we have discovered yet another forger, altering football and baseball cards. We are trying to link the two eBay IDs at this time and look forward to posting another "Forger Caught" thread in the very near future.

One last comment, regarding the Bergeron seller, marcello_capoferri. Not only is he a stand-up eBay seller, but he's a great guy. He has confirmed he is completely appalled about this and knew absolutely nothing about the forging. He also suspected three other cards he bought from this member as being forged, and removed them from eBay prior to me contacting him about the Bergeron. That, alone, shows his class. What he does with the Bergeron information is up to him, but please note that he is a fine seller and should be treated as such.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Apologies, I missed that bit, there you go i put it back in your latest one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wingsfan-13's Items on eBay

It's sad bc the Bergeron patch was SWEET b4 he changed to the bear!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alas, we have another confirmed fake:

05/06 The Cup Limited Logos Roberto Luongo 7/40
    Original Scan

Link to Original eBay Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350175069037

Altered Scan

An HI member has confirmed it was purchased at the Expo from this same patch forger, and you can see the eBay buyer ID is identical to the hnic_787 ID, including the private feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I'm trying to throw up and shake my head at what this jerk is doing.

What is HI?

and he wishes his patch looked like this:

Btw, I'm taking offers on it, send a PM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

I'm trying to throw up and shake my head at what this jerk is doing.

What is HI?

and he wishes his patch looked like this:

Btw, I'm taking offers on it, send a PM

Thats a ridiculous patch, PM sent about it.

HI is another trade site. Its decent, however I suggest you ask other members here about it before you decide to get involved over there. Quite a few great traders on this site and others have had problems with them, and I'll leave it at that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andora_s_box's Items on eBay

that's odd, i'm surprised i can see the luongo auction page from march.. how is that possible, i thought it was fifteen days?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Please keep on topic... thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

that's odd, i'm surprised i can see the luongo auction page from march.. how is that possible, i thought it was fifteen days?

If have certain seller accounts on Ebay they allow you to see older auctions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If have certain seller accounts on Ebay they allow you to see older auctions.

You can see the majority of eBay auctions for 90 days, if you have the eBay number. For searching directly through eBay, you can't search that far back (30 days max I think).

Try going into your own feedback you've gotten or left, that's older than 30 days... click the "View Item" button, and you'll see the auction.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast