Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See rainman67ko's Items on eBay

Good day-New shop and nice pack hits!

I went to a card shop I had never been to before. It's located nearby work but not exactly on the way home or anything. I had some time to kill, before I picked my mother up at the airport for her annual visit, so I figured what the heck.

When I went inside Sportscards Etc., located just outside of Pittsburgh in Robinson Township, I was welcomed into a high caliber card shop. This place was nice, clean, organized, yet retained the personal feel of the old timey card shop. I hate stale mall corporate feeling places. As I wandered around I continued to be impressed as the shop was seriously well stocked, floor to ceiling, with McFarlane's, New wax, Old wax, High Grade vintage, (both graded and raw) and enough nice limited #/auto/gu stuff for any Pittsburgh fan. They had all the supplies and very little Magic or other non sport product. They don't break a lot of boxes but they do have a store on Beckett so I knew they where up to speed with today's hobby. The owner and manager where both personable, not pushy, and very easy to talk to. Have you ever gone to a dealer, either in a shop or at a show, that acts like your a bother or? Why did he bother coming? Or like he, as a guy with a table and display case, is the ultimate authority on cards? It doesn't happen often but Ive seen the type. These guy's however where knowledgable about the products without acting ignorant or superior. The shop has been serving the hobby for more than 18 years. Not hard to see how they might have survived. These guy's had there A game going.

I had won a Jordan Staal YG and some other eBay auctions earlier in the day so I didn't want to spend a lot. Ok I'm lying. I did want to spend a lot but I opted not to. They had a bunch of good pack deals so I bought a pack of 08-09 Artifacts and pulled a Hasek Dual jsy (#/199 -white/red FT) and not much else. I also picked up 2 packs of 08-09 SPA and got one Iginlia Notable (#/999 FT), Gretzky, Richards, and Gagne base, and really nothing else. I opened these in the airport parking lot, listening to NHL Home Ice, while waiting for the arriving flight and briefly satiated my pack ripping cravings.

The flight lands, I get Mom and her dead husbands ashes (yep... creepy huh? She's bringing him up to bury him in her hometown. She really is a sweetheart. Used to buy me cards back in the day.) So I got mom and her bags and headed home...watched the game (Game 4 was AWESOME!) While watching the highlights (again) I remembered I also bought 4 packs of UD Black Diamond for $15. I just opened them. I pulled, for my PC, the highest BV card I have pulled in a long time. After getting a Triple Heatly, a Quad Kovalchuk, an Alfredsson Premier cuts, (and Guerin base PC ha ha) I thought I was done then... next to the dummy card, behind the base... was a Sidney Crosby Quad Premier Cuts (PC-$120 BV)!!! Nice card. I have not done $100+ packs of ultimate or The cup or anything too high end.

I usually don't get overly excited about inserts either but today... this was nice. Good shop, good cards, good game, and good trade site.

Today was a good day... now if only I could find where my wife put the mail... could be a good mail day too. Why not...I'm on a roll!
    Thanks for looking!

- Kevin

Last edited by rainman67ko; 06-05-2009 at 01:34 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See penguinkiller's Items on eBay

sweet crosby

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

nice hit

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

nice hit

BANNED

Country

nice story and a great hit!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Great Hitss, Love the Crosby!
    They played awesome last night and I was in heaven that Jordan staal finally showed why he is a great player.

enjoy

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice hit on the crosby for the pc!

Blog Entries
    Country

very nice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wingsfan-13's Items on eBay

Awsome hit!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Great PC hit.

I love the stores that you can be comfortable in. Nothing worse than a store that makes you feel like you just interrupted their dinner.

Congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast