Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aggiez12's Items on eBay

Question Is BGS really better than PSA or SGC?

Debating on who to go with for my baseball card grading. Is BGS really better than PSA or SGC? Seems like Beckett controls the market pricing and therefore can basically make THEIR graded cards list for a premium over their competitors.

Are they REALLY better than these other companies?

Do you think, in the future, that BGS graded cards will always hold a premium over PSA and SGC or will they even out at some point?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

It all depends on what your planning to do with them. SGC is far better for grading vintage cards. Their vintage graded sell for quite a bit also.

For newer cards, PSA usually sells higher than BGS in the same grade.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aggiez12's Items on eBay

Originally posted by minew_m
    For newer cards, PSA usually sells higher than BGS in the same grade.

Really? That's not really the trend I've seen on E-bay. Are you talking about online sales or offline? If that's the case, then I'll definitely go with PSA. I'm mainly grading for preservation as opposed to selling cards.

SCF Rewards

If you want a good grade on your card, go with PSA. If you want a more valuable card (if it gets a good grade), go with BGS. If you have any more questions E-Mail me at [email protected].

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im pretty sure BGS sells better than PSA...PSA gives an easier grade so it doesn't mean as much when you get a PSA 10 as it would to get a BGS 10

SCF Rewards

PSA SUCKS!!! i purchased 2 PSA cards on ebay and they both had marks and scratches on the cards that were within their respective cases. Now, you guys will probably say that the seller switched the graded cards with crapy cards...maybe. but then thats why PSA is bad...because their cards arent sealed properly in the cases. With beckett, you know the card in the case is graded cause its quite difficult to open the case, unless you crack it. I'd go with beckett...even if your cards have marks on the surface, you could still get a GEM 10 on them. And then if you try to sell it...your buyer will be pissed that you sold him a damaged graded card.

Go to the PSA website and just look at how un-professional it is compared to beckett. PSA doesnt only focus on cards, and therefore their love for the card industry is divided...BGS ALL THE WAY!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by jandjkards
    PSA gives an easier grade so it doesn't mean as much when you get a PSA 10 as it would to get a BGS 10

It's almost impossible to get a BGS 10. A gem mint card for BGS is a 9.5 (Gem mint for PSA is a 10). A BGS 10 is Pristine and I have only seen a handfull of these so of course a BGS 10 would be worth more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by superultraboy
    PSA SUCKS!!! i purchased 2 PSA cards on ebay and they both had marks and scratches on the cards that were within their respective cases. Now, you guys will probably say that the seller switched the graded cards with crapy cards...maybe. but then thats why PSA is bad...because their cards arent sealed properly in the cases. With beckett, you know the card in the case is graded cause its quite difficult to open the case, unless you crack it. I'd go with beckett...even if your cards have marks on the surface, you could still get a GEM 10 on them. And then if you try to sell it...your buyer will be pissed that you sold him a damaged graded card.

Go to the PSA website and just look at how un-professional it is compared to beckett. PSA doesnt only focus on cards, and therefore their love for the card industry is divided...BGS ALL THE WAY!

BGS isn't any better. Last year they were "bringing up the grades" for one of their larger customers. Many of his cards were trimmed (Prior RC's, Wood RC's, Pujols RC's, etc.) and they were comming back 9.5's. He then sold those on Ebay and made a ton of money. It makes you wonder how they treat their other large customers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

BGS also grades sheet cut cards as long as they are within the required standards. They also give you some room to work with to on the size(I forget the the measurement) They are basically saying, go ahead and cut up some cards and we will grade them for you. That is a load of crap.

Yes, BGS modern sells for more than PSA but PSA sells for a hell of a lot more than BVG vintage.

See dawgpound854's Items on eBay

In my opinion, SGC is the fairest, best-value, and most respected grading company out there. PSA was good back a few years ago, and BGS is OK, but SGC is A+.
    They also have a better scale, and give out less gem mnts +, because realistically, there is no such thing as a pristine card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast