Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See xMCSPORTSCARDSx's Items on eBay

The Pull Of A Lifetime CONTEST ENTRY

Hey guys hope you like it. Good luck to everyone and thanks for the contest!

The Pull Of A Lifetime By Mike Cancelliere aka mikecancelliere

In November of 2008, I found out about a website called “Upper Deck Kids.” This website instantly became a favorite of mine because I was able to type in codes on the back of my Upper Deck cards and receive points for each one. When I had about 30,000 points, from spending countless hours typing codes off the back of every card I had, I looked at the prizes section to see what I was able to get with all those points. I skimmed the page and saw a raffle for a hobby box of 2008 Heroes Football and it only cost 100 points per raffle ticket. I have had pretty good luck with raffles so I decided to spend all 30,000 of my points on 300 raffle tickets. A few days after purchasing the 300 raffle tickets, I got an email from an Upper Deck representative. The email stated that I had won the raffle. I was so excited and was very anxious to bust open the box once it arrived.

After I got the notification that the box was shipped, I waited by the window everyday for the FedEx truck. When it didn’t come, I tracked the shipment online to see where it was. About a week later, which seemed like eternity to me, it was the day the box was estimated to arrive, I waited by the window for two hours only to see the FedEx truck just drive right by. I was in shock and a little bit angry at the same time. I wondered why it didn’t come. I quickly went back online only to see that the package has been lost! I called FedEx immediately and they said that they opened a “missing case” and it can be over a month before I get the box.

Luckily, the next day the package came. I assumed that the whole “the package is lost forever” thing was all a mistake by FedEx. I ripped the packaging open and there it was, the nice brand new factory-sealed 2008 Heroes Football box. I ripped the box open hoping for a nice rookie autograph and/or a nice patch. What I pulled was better than both of those.
    My first hit was a Chad Henne rookie auto. It wasn’t that bad of a pull. I felt good after that one. The next two hits were just two jersey cards, DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys and Devin Hester of the Bears. I was pretty happy about the Hester because I am a huge Bears fan. There were only four packs left and I was expecting one more hit. When I opened the next pack, I saw a super thick card. I wondered what it was, maybe a patch, or maybe… a redemption! I didn’t even look at the base as I was so curious to see what this super thick card was. My jaw dropped after I read the info on the card I was due to receive. It was a Brett Favre patch autograph numbered to just 5! It was my first redemption pull and my first superstar auto pull in baseball or football.

After a very long 5 months, I finally got an email from Upper Deck saying that the card was shipped. Once again, I waited by the window for two hours a day. Finally, the FedEx truck pulled into my driveway and the driver handed me the package. I said thanks really fast as I had no time to waste, I wanted to see this amazing card. I ripped open the packaging and there it was, my beautiful Brett Favre Patch Autograph numbered to five.
    Last edited by mikecancelliere; 07-25-2009 at 12:22 PM.

BANNED

Country

Here is the scan of the card. Please include this with my article. Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Great Story. I need some luck like that, but you will need all the luck you can get to beat my article. Haha jk.

BANNED

Country

Great Story. I need some luck like that, but you will need all the luck you can get to beat my article. Haha jk.

haha we shall see

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Pull of a Lifetime

By Mike Cancelliere aka mikecancelliere

In November of 2008, I found out about a website called “Upper Deck Kids.” This website instantly became a favorite of mine because I was able to type in codes on the back of my Upper Deck cards and receive points for each one. When I had about 30,000 points from spending countless hours typing codes off the back of every card I had, I looked at the prizes section to see what I was able to get with all those points. I skimmed the page and saw a raffle for a hobby box of 2008 Heroes Football and it only cost 100 points per raffle ticket. I have had pretty good luck with raffles so I decided to spend all 30,000 of my points on 300 raffle tickets. A few days after purchasing the 300 raffle tickets, I got an email from an Upper Deck representative. The email stated that I had won the raffle. I was so excited and was very anxious to bust open the box once it arrived.

After I got the notification that the box was shipped, I waited by the window everyday for the FedEx truck. When it didn’t come I tracked the shipment online to see where it was. About a week later, which seemed like eternity to me, it was the day the box was estimated to arrive. I waited by the window for two hours only to see the FedEx truck just drive right by. I was in shock and a little bit angry at the same time. I wondered why it didn’t come. I quickly went back online only to see that the package has been lost! I called FedEx immediately and they said that they opened a “missing case” and it could be over a month before I get the box.

Luckily, the next day the package came. I assumed that the “package is lost forever” thing was all a mistake by FedEx. I ripped the packaging open and there it was; the brand new factory-sealed 2008 Heroes Football box. I ripped the box open hoping for a nice rookie autograph and/or a nice patch. What I ended up pulling was better than both of those.

My first hit was a Chad Henne rookie auto. It wasn’t that bad of a pull and I felt good after that one. The next two hits were just jersey cards. The players were DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys and Devin Hester of the Bears. I was pretty happy about the Hester because I am a huge Bears fan. There were only four packs left and I was expecting one more hit. When I opened the next pack I saw a super thick card. I wondered what it was. I thought it might be a patch or redemption. I didn’t even look at the base, as I was so curious to see what this super thick card was. My jaw dropped after I read the info on the card I was due to receive. It was a Brett Favre patch autograph numbered to just five! It was my first redemption pull and my first superstar auto pull in baseball or football.

After five very long months I finally got an email from Upper Deck saying that the card was shipped. Once again I waited by the window for two hours a day. Finally, the FedEx truck pulled into my driveway and the driver handed me the package. I said thanks really fast, as I had no time to waste because I wanted to see this amazing card. I ripped open the packaging and there was my beautiful Brett Favre Patch Autograph numbered to five!