Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

That's not a form of expression? So they should be arrested because they wanted to look baaad?

No, it's not a form of expression. Are you kidding? You think these people were "expressing" themselves by holding their hands a certain way. Expressing yourself entails words, art, or really anything of a higher nature than raising your hand and arranging your fingers a certain way.

And I suppose they were arrested for a crime. That would make sense. Laugh at the law, I suppose, but I doubt it says, "Thou shalt not express thine self."

edit:
    If someone is expressing themselves, you should be able to ask what it is they are expressing. What do you think Elvis and Richard would say when you ask?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, it's not a form of expression. Are you kidding? You think these people were "expressing" themselves by holding their hands a certain way. Expressing yourself entails words, art, or really anything of a higher nature than raising your hand and arranging your fingers a certain way.

And I suppose they were arrested for a crime. That would make sense. Laugh at the law, I suppose, but I doubt it says, "Thou shalt not express thine self."

edit:
    If someone is expressing themselves, you should be able to ask what it is they are expressing. What do you think Elvis and Richard would say when you ask?

Just read up on Freedom of Expression (apparently you were reading Freedom of Speech, which is similar, but not excusable), and, to quote from the legal dictionary, Freedom of Expression is considered:

"a mode or means of expressing an idea, opinion, or thought"

I'd consider a hand gesture a "mode or means."

SCF Rewards
    Country

If someone is expressing him or herself, you should be able to ask what it is he or she is expressing. What do you think Elvis and Richard would say when you ask?

I think Elvis would come up with something of uneducated and poor taste, and Richard, since he has no criminal history and attends Southwest Florida College, may say something to the tune of:

I'm expressing my individuality, association with friends, and, perhaps most importantly, my freedom to associate with these friends by using symbols, secret passwords, and confusing acronyms.

Oooh, this is soooo fun! What do YOU think they'd say, Danny?? Let's continue to base our respective arguments on hypothetical answers from individuals about whom we know nothing. That's a sure fire way to lead this discussion nowhere.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

take al lof these wanna be gang bangers, lock em all away on a remote island prison and let them gang bang themselves into extinction.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

I think Elvis would come up with something of uneducated and poor taste, and Richard, since he has no criminal history and attends Southwest Florida College, may say something to the tune of:

I'm expressing my individuality, association with friends, and, perhaps most importantly, my freedom to associate with these friends by using symbols, secret passwords, and confusing acronyms.

Oooh, this is soooo fun! What do YOU think they'd say, Danny?? Let's continue to base our respective arguments on hypothetical answers from individuals about whom we know nothing. That's a sure fire way to lead this discussion nowhere.

I was trying to have a legitimate conversation about this, but you've decided to make it stupid, so nevermind. Most of what goes on in debates is hypothetical anyway, chief.

Sooo...should we give our opinions based on facts? That doesn't make sense... And I love how intelligent you think these guys are. How smart can you be to throw gang signs and post them on myspace. We really can't have this discussion online because I can't properly mock and ridicule your hilarious and liberal argument of "expresssiiooooon."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234