Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Long Island Ducks vs. Newark Bears

Hey everyone,

I am in NJ for the week and have a few games lined up to go to and graph. Today I went to the Long Island Ducks vs Newark Bears game. I didn't do too bad for my first time there. Here is what I came away with.

Long Island Ducks:

Ron Flores- 1/1 Signature Card
    George Lombard- 4/4 Cards, 4/4 Cards
    Dave LaPoint- 4/4 Cards

Newark Bears:

Charlton Jimerson- 2/2 Cards
    Armando Benitez- 2/4 Cards
    Ron Karkovice- 4/4 Cards
    Tim Raines- 1/4 Cards

I will post scans of everything once I get back home.

Thanks,
    JTope232

2009 Baseball Totals:
    Cards (not including 50/50's for other ppl.)--596
    Prospects Handbook--16
    Baseballs--10
    Photos (8x10s, 4x6s, etc.)--24
    Other Items (GU Items, Hats, Programs etc.)--4

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Nicely done. The ballpark isn't bad...empty when I went, but not bad.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

**** - gotta get there soon to try and get Carl Everett on a Mets card since he has not returned the ttm i sent.

congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nicely done. The ballpark isn't bad...empty when I went, but not bad.

Thanks!! Yeah they are struggling to get people to show up to the games. It was $1 ticket night last night and there was probably 250 ppl, if that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

**** - gotta get there soon to try and get Carl Everett on a Mets card since he has not returned the ttm i sent.

congrats!

Thanks, yeah he will probably sign pre-game. I tried to get him when he was walking off the field after the game, but he didn't sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see someone else has tried to get these Independent league players to sign TTM and been unsuccessful. Maybe that is why no one is coming to their games. Are they that fan-unfriendly in person or just don't like to answer their mail. I sent out requests to several players and got nothing back.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)
    Country
    See clittle1891's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

not totally true I have seen some success from Benitez among others

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see someone else has tried to get these Independent league players to sign TTM and been unsuccessful. Maybe that is why no one is coming to their games. Are they that fan-unfriendly in person or just don't like to answer their mail. I sent out requests to several players and got nothing back.

I did get a success with Benitez, also have seen several successes with Tim Raines

Country

Tim Raines signs through the mail for $5, and Benitez usually signs through the mail.

I went to the game to and got:

Tim Raines 1/1
    Chris Spurling 1/1
    Carl Everett 1/1
    Willie Banks 1/1