Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

could someone show me a pic of these replica baseballs? I have used the trump balls before and have to say they hold a great auto. 25 bucks a dozen... no brainer

BUT, I would be interested in the replica baseballs. The trump balls have the smallest china stamp, (NO BIGGIE) but the seams are horrific!!! I think little league baseballs have smaller seams! Take a look at a ROMLB ball seams, and a trump.
    But, all in all for minor leaguers and no namers... Its a cheap way to keep the collection going.

Maybe one day I will hit powerball and be able to afford to get every scrub in D league on a ROMLB, or maybe I will move to an island and not care about autos anymore! Well, I doubt the latter will happen, always care about autos and baseball!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

could someone show me a pic of these replica baseballs? I have used the trump balls before and have to say they hold a great auto. 25 bucks a dozen... no brainer

BUT, I would be interested in the replica baseballs. The trump balls have the smallest china stamp, (NO BIGGIE) but the seams are horrific!!! I think little league baseballs have smaller seams! Take a look at a ROMLB ball seams, and a trump.
    But, all in all for minor leaguers and no namers... Its a cheap way to keep the collection going.

Maybe one day I will hit powerball and be able to afford to get every scrub in D league on a ROMLB, or maybe I will move to an island and not care about autos anymore! Well, I doubt the latter will happen, always care about autos and baseball!

Pete,
    I can easily take off the "China" on ANY ball by using a Q-tip and my wife's finger nail polish remover. A couple of swipes and the ball looks perfect. I've done this a number of times without any problems.

JD

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those ROML Specs balls are sweet. Look pretty authentic. I will have to give them a try. I found them on shop.com for 49.99 for a dozen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ordered 30 from sportsauthority.com and they arrived today.
    Initial thoughts
    1) leather smells similar to ROMLB ( did the sniff test comparisson by switching between the two. Also has very similar texture.
    2) small china stamp on ball, looks like it can easily be rubbed off, have not tried yet.
    3) red sticthing not as tightly wrapped as ROMLB, compared all the replica balls and this was a consistent feature among all

took pics using iPhone but when I booted my notebook it died on me, brand new hp, less than 4 months old!! I can email pics through my iPhone if you want to see, please
    send a PM. I can post the pics when I get into the office tomorrow.
    4) will get some autos at the marlins/padres games this weekend, will take pics and update if they look funky or start fading within the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by the305; 08-26-2009 at 11:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw these new balls on the Rawlings.com site.
    Rawlings Official 5-Tool MLB Pitching Machine Baseball

$39.99 for a dozen.
    Center: Wound cork / rubber
    Cover: Full grain leather for added durability
    Highlight: New Item
    Quality: Major League
    Quantity: Dozen
    Seam: Durable, flat Kevlar
    Spec: Designed for use in pitching machines
    Stitch Color: Red
    Type: Practice/Training

Let me know what you think? Thanks

Here's the link http://www.rawlingsgear.com/baseball...rotbpm-dz.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wish they would show the sweep spot side of the ball......Looks like a winner though

SCF Rewards
    Country

Romlb

Folks,
    Here are some pics of the rawlings major league spec balls...

1) Ordered 30 from sportsauthority.com (free ship + no sales tax)

2) Top row, same area of the ball, On right has the china stamp, On left the china stamp easily came off using some scotch tape (left on for 5 minutes then peeled back). No trace it was ever there!

Bottom row are more pics of the ball from different POV.

**** noticed on the pic the balls look a little oblong, this is 100% due to the camera angle*

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Interesting. I'm curious to know how they'll hold up. Please post your photos as you get them signed!

Good luck! I really hope they work out well!

SCF Rewards
    Country

hi there wondering how you things went with the Spec ball, was going to pick up a dozen for myself as a local shop here in Aus stocks them want to know if they are any good for autos compared to the ROMLB ones???

SCF Rewards
    Country

hi there wondering how you things went with the Spec ball, was going to pick up a dozen for myself as a local shop here in Aus stocks them want to know if they are any good for autos compared to the ROMLB ones???

Would recommend you buy, all sigs look great and no fading (got some IP autos at marlins game the last week of August/first week of September), will post pics comparing to ROMLB and other rawlings lower grade balls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast