Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: How to write?

Country

How to write?

Hi guys, i'm still a rookie to the entire TTM thing, having only occasionally sending I think 3 TTMs in the past few years. I'm just wondering, how do you write to a player when getting a TTM?

1. Do you write a praiseful(or buttkissing) letter to a player, talking about how you enjoy his or playing/you're his or her #1 fan/how great a season he or she has been having/you're from the same hometown and you're proud, and then sneak in a little autograph request in the PS section or something?

2. Do you just come out and flatly request an autograph?

3. Do you don't include a letter at all, and just expect the player to sign?

I've been doing option 1, just wondering if that's the best way to go.

Any opinions on this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Option 1 is the way to go.

I make it short and sweet. If they are rookies I make sure to tell them to have a great career.

Goodluck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deeakay's Items on eBay

I'm an Option1 guy. I don't 'Buttkiss' though.
    When you send to ppl you're truly a fan of it's easy to write a sincere note of:
    "I hope all is well, thanks for the memories, and in my cases, thanks for being a great Milw.Brewer, and congrats on your MLB career.... Will you please sign & return... That'd be great to have, Thank you! All the best! & Sign it"
    All on a 4x6 pc a paper with a peel'n seal SASE and item to be signed in a business envelope or larger.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ruchankirby's Items on eBay

Just write like three lines and get to the point unless you are emailing them. Because most current players don't read the letters that they get

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just write like three lines and get to the point unless you are emailing them. Because most current players don't read the letters that they get

I dissagree with that! I do try to write at least two paragraphs. The first is about the player or something going on in their sport. The seconds is asking for the autograph .
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Many players do read the letter. I ask for mine to be personalized and that is written in the middle of the letter. My letter is half a page long and hand written.

Country

Thanks guys, I was worried that I wrote too much! I do agree it's easy to write when you truly enjoy a player.