Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Topps

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Since Topps has the exclusive rights they can make all the different types of cards to appeal to every collector. All I'm asking for is a set, heavy on cards...lesser known players, fringe players, etc. on simple cardboard. A set of close to 800 players that would be fun to put together. You can have your glossy sets of nothing buts stars and GU and autos. There is plenty of room for Topps to produce a set that recaptures a lot of old collectors who left because it is now impossible to collect everything like they were able to do back in the 1980's and 1990's. All I'm asking for is a set for the simple collector, something affordable, something to get kids into to carry on the hobby.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did not know that Upper Deck is not going to have licencing anymore??? I guess my quest for every UD base set is going to stop at 89-09. I still am no where near completing this goal, but now it seems to have an end!

That sux because I always liked UD cards. They were the "hi end" stuff when I was a kid and could only afford a few packs. In fact, I still remember the day I pulled my first Griffey Rookie card. I think it was worth about 100 bucks then! He is and always will be my fav. player and always picked up his cards when I was out of the hobby.

Anyway, I agree that I would like to see a cheap set for fun to collect. I still buy boxes of UD and other older stuff online and try to make a set. It keeps my hobby expenses down, and always amuses me. Hi end "crap" isnt appealing to me. Who in their right mind buys a pack of cards for 100 bucks and gets one card??? That is just CRAP!!!!

Cardboard and wax stains remind me of little league, riding bikes, and my paper route as a kid! What great times with NO RESPONSIBILITY!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

UD may still produce cards without team or league logos on the cards. They also may still challenge in court and try to force right to produce the cards. I enjoyed having all the manufactures of cards going, but I am glad Topps won is any one company had to. They have been doing baseball cards since 1951 and should have been the one to continue. Maybe we will not have 100 cards of every player in their rookie season! I would be happy with one old time 792 Topps cards in a single set and maybe Bowman with only prospects running as a premium set! Imagine one XRC and one RC only for each player again!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

They won't challenge in court because UD has the sole license from hockey and now has collegiate sports as well. They will be doing some new type of set next year without the team logo since they still have the MLBPA license to use the image of the players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12