Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See onetimersportcards's Items on eBay

When I collected football I bought a dustin keller classics platinum rc /25. Came in the mail. Tried to cut open tge tape with box cutter blade. I sliced into the card on top. Luckoly for me I contacted upper deck and told them it came damaged in a pack. They sent me a new one

SCF Rewards
    Country

I stumbled across a 11-12 Dominion Strapping Lads Dual /7 on the Bay and got so wrapped up in it that I totally forgot I was watching another card I actually really wanted and missed bidding on it. At least I won the Strapping Lads and its a cool card but wasn't meant for my PC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

When I collected football I bought a dustin keller classics platinum rc /25. Came in the mail. Tried to cut open tge tape with box cutter blade. I sliced into the card on top. Luckoly for me I contacted upper deck and told them it came damaged in a pack. They sent me a new one

So you lied? That's great, and we complain about all the "hoops" the companies make us jump through when requesting replacements. Hmm wonder why.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

that sounds like what the montreal commentators say when the canadiems score lol

Thanks but no need to feel bad, in French we say C'est la Vie!! (That's Life)

But if you have a tale of your own, share..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Double mistake here. Went to my LCS and there were 3 packs of 11-12 Series 1 left. I bought 2. 1st pack Brett Connolly YG, worth squat now but was 10$ or so at the time. Then the next pack held a Nuge YG which as worth 100$. Now, being me I loved Artifacts so I traded it for a box of Artifacts, best card was a Paul Stastny Frozen Artifacts, being so frustrated I left, go back later and find out that the 3rd pack held a Hockey Heroes auto variation of Gordie Howe......GORDIE FREAKING HOWE!!! I couldn't believe it.So in the end I lost a good YG and a legends autograph, the lesson I take from this is to NEVER trade cards for wax.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Had a box of team Canada on reserve for after a case break at miraj on Saturday... Decided to put it back for a box of spgu instead.... Local shop jester upwaysports says he has to open that box now cause I put it back.... Crosby auto :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

Double mistake here. Went to my LCS and there were 3 packs of 11-12 Series 1 left. I bought 2. 1st pack Brett Connolly YG, worth squat now but was 10$ or so at the time. Then the next pack held a Nuge YG which as worth 100$. Now, being me I loved Artifacts so I traded it for a box of Artifacts, best card was a Paul Stastny Frozen Artifacts, being so frustrated I left, go back later and find out that the 3rd pack held a Hockey Heroes auto variation of Gordie Howe......GORDIE FREAKING HOWE!!! I couldn't believe it.So in the end I lost a good YG and a legends autograph, the lesson I take from this is to NEVER trade cards for wax.

I believe I've already posted it in this thread before, but I traded a Toews Ice rookie /99 to my LCS for a box of SPX and about $50 worth of singles (none worth more than $15) I was told they sold my Toews the next day for over $700. Even though the box of SPX was above average, with a Malkin/Crosby dual jersey and a Sakic patch /25 I agree with you 150% I'll never trade a sure thing for such a stupid gamble again. I often wonder what I could have traded the Toews for if only I'd found this site a few years earlier.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe I've already posted it in this thread before, but I traded a Toews Ice rookie /99 to my LCS for a box of SPX and about $50 worth of singles (none worth more than $15) I was told they sold my Toews the next day for over $700. Even though the box of SPX was above average, with a Malkin/Crosby dual jersey and a Sakic patch /25 I agree with you 150% I'll never trade a sure thing for such a stupid gamble again. I often wonder what I could have traded the Toews for if only I'd found this site a few years earlier.

Ooooh thats a tough one. The Ice RCs /99 have always sold EXTREMELY high, especially the stars (in this case, Toews)

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

Yikes your LCS ripped you off terribly. If that happened to me and they took advantage, you can be sure I'd never stop off there again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ooooh thats a tough one. The Ice RCs /99 have always sold EXTREMELY high, especially the stars (in this case, Toews)

I had just started buying cards again, I had no idea they were worth that much, to me it was just a rookie out of a low end set. 99 didn't seem like a particularly low print run to me. It's not like it was numbered out of /25 or something like that lol.

Yikes your LCS ripped you off terribly. If that happened to me and they took advantage, you can be sure I'd never stop off there again.

I ended up totally dropping out of the hobby after that. Didn't get back into it until I discovered this site, in 2011. I did end up going to the shop (not exactly a ton of card shops out here) but I figure in the years I was away, they lost out on upwards of $2000 from me, I guess that dosn't seem like alot, but my brother also stopped buying cards, and has never gotten back into it, and he was spending even more than me on wax and supplies, plus the odd single. So they've probably lost well over 5 grand in the 6 or so years since it happened. Not a strong business plan when your typical card shop relies on a small but dedicated customer base to remain profitable.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast