Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

short, handwritten, and in my case, I hilight that I would really appreciate if they personalized to my son. This way, they know its not ending up on Craigslist or ebay.

Plus, in the future, my son will have a neat collection that is his and only his!!!

Pete

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wmhc28413's Items on eBay

short and sweet, i usually try to mention an accomplishment or 2 of theirs, and usually how much to me it would mean to add their auto to my collection.

this is what i do and i hand write all request and i make sure to thank them.......

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you to everyone who dropped a line. Your input has proven to be invaluable.

It seems that in my case: I am on the right track. So far I've done a little bit of everything that has been mentioned. Though there is definite room for improvement. I've been keeping the letters to one page, but that is "One page - typed." I have not tried a handwritten letter yet. At the bottom of my letters I've added a little photograph/thumbnail of my wife and I, I think it adds a little personal flair.

My actual request for the autograph needs to be a little more to the point I think. After only eight letters, I can already see improvement from the first two or three.

Kindness is rule #1. A few lines of appreciation is a given in every letter.

Anyway, as you can see, it is easy for me to ramble. Thanks again for you help!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Check out Pat Neshek's website http://www.eteamz.com/patneshek/index.cfm? to get an idea of what an athlete does with his mail and stuff.

Thanks for posting this. It's pretty cool to see that even some Pros are just as interested in autos and collecting as we are. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

this is how ive been doing it and ive gotten about 200-250 autos

hello mr. "so and so"

my name is ----- i am 18 and im a huge (insert team,person etc.) fan
    (mention why you like them), i was wondering if you could sign the enclosed items i have sent and send them back in the stamped envelope i have also included

thank you very much

sincerely
    (insert your name)

thats worked for me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See denis6150's Items on eBay

i recently got a full letter back from a michigan state football player, my first return from him so sometimes it pays to write a long meaningful letter

SCF Rewards
    Country

my letters are all handwritten and mention how im a fan and have follwed their careers etc. etc. i also try to mention a time when i saw a game and they did something i found to be spectacular (game winning goal, 80 yd td run etc). it all depends really.
    ive had success with this, so im gonna stick with it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12