Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Autos

Country
    See seanandlaruescollectibles's Items on eBay

Autos

I have a question I have always been wanting to ask since I started collecting over 15 years ago, I collect mainly autos of the players or teams I collect and I do not understand why people have such a hard time with Press Pass and Sage Autos. The only thing I can think of is that it is not a Premium brand and they do not have as high $BV, but a true collector would be happy with whatever card the auto is on (unless it is trade bait but even then it should not matter it is still an auto of the player).

Me myself I don't care as it is an auto either way and signed by the player, and the Sage HIT cards this year are better then Score.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gamboooler's Items on eBay

Just personal preference. Some people don't want to spend their resources on cards from those products. I don't know if I'd say someone isn't a "true collector" because he doesn't like a brand though.

In general though, the demand for those cards are not a high, so what you can get in return for them is diminished by the lack of demand.

I don't like non-licensed products, that's why I tend to stay away. Not a huge college football fan, so I'd rather have the NFL unis, logos, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its all perception... people don't view Press Pass as a main brand and many view college themed sets as a niche... That makes them less desirable for many people because, if one was spending money on a card of their favorite player, they would prefer the professional uniform as opposed to an auto in college uniform... Factor those ideas in, and it becomes the leming effect where the masses will collect and chase the items the rest of the masses desire the most...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love the press pass autos. I think they are some of the best autographed cards of the year. They are on card, have great big signatures, and I like college football. Sage autos are okay. The only reason I think Sage is okay is the different checklist. They usually add players that don't see another release in the hobby all year. I think licensing is the biggest issue with these cards. As long as a card is well done, I'll buy it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mystikalkreations's Items on eBay

I have nothing wrong with press pass. I prefer it for my FSU PC. Whats not to like about it on card autographs nice photos.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See lori2324's Items on eBay

Personally i dont like the looks of either card but would buy them if the price was right.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like people stated above, its just not a great product to get money back on. They are really nice when they are the first product out on the year, they move well, but once the others hit, the prices fall quickly. As a college collector, I love them. I love them in their college uniforms and pulling the GU college jersey. I also agree with you. I have no problem getting an auto of a big name guy on a Press Pass card as they are cheaper, I'm buying the auto, I don't care what brand its on.

Country
    See seanandlaruescollectibles's Items on eBay

I realize people have personal prefrences but for me if it is an auto of a player I like I will buy it, and don't get me wrong I like premium cards also especially Leaf Limited, Topps Letterman, Bowman Sterling and National Treasures.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See njbanicki's Items on eBay

Me im not too big on sage but i love press pass, and the only reason i dont like sage is cause i dont like sticker autos in the first place. The only sticker autos i'll even try for are contenders and thats only because its the original rookie auto set and those will hold their value over time.
    But the funnies part about all the people who say they hate press pass and sage are also the people who want rookie jsy cards to be g/u not event and press pass is the only company that provides g/u jersey cards for a players rookie year, even though its a college jsy piece. Those have more value to ME than ANY rookie event used jersey/patch card, even exquisite simply cause the player actually wore it during a game not just for a few seconds and the put on another 1,000 before and after that one. The only thing i dot like is the press pass jersey autos, why do every auto in your set on-card and then get to what could be your most prized/valuable cards and suddenly start using stickers. If those were also on-card i would be chasing the set this year.