Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lebron James in Akron Ohio Success

Left at 7:45 PM on Friday and did after at the Aeros game.. Didn't have much of anything, but we were headed in the direction anyways so figured we would stop by.

Ben Snyder - 6/6 8x10s, 5/5 4x6s
    Carlos Santana - 1/1 GU OMLB

After that left to camp out for the Lebron signing. Before you say anything it was not my idea, I tagged along with my buddy as he really wanted it. So we got there at midnight and the signing was at 2 PM. After no sleep and standing next to crazy people for that long we finally got him. We were able to get back through the line, so I got 2 books done with Upper Deck Authentication. It was one per through the line, but the line was only maybe 400 people long. By getting there that early we were able to squeeze through the line again so I guess it was worth it.

Lebron didn't talk or say anything to the fans just to his people at the table. Didn't look up much at all either. Just glad that I got him and I am done with him. Was it worth it? Not really, but at least it is over!

Lebron James - 1/1, 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (17)
    Country

Jeez, I read the line was longer in NY, but that they let you get more than 1 book signed. They said Lebron didn't say a word to anyone there neither. I'm glad I didn't waste my time or give him my money (as if he needs it) to not even get a thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah it wasn't exactly worth it, but being an autograph collector it was my only shot at him. The line was about 450-500 people long... It just went fast with a crappy signature and it being one per person.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Getting LeBron to sign anything in-person is quite an accomplishment by it's own right. But LeBron does need to come back down to earth, away from his massive ego, and appreciate his fans more. Nevertheless, congrats on the super sweet LeBron IP success!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, that stinks. Waiting 14 hours in line for only 1 auto per person, ouch. In New York, they were allowing max of 5 books per person. Still nice to instantly make back 4 times your investment!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah it was fun though to just hang around and do that over night. I have always hated Lebron because of his ego and being from Ohio all I ever hear is Lebron this Lebron that. I cannot wait for him to leave Cleveland :) But like I said I went so my friend didn't have to go along and I had fun and ended up with 2 Lebron autographs, so I guess I can't really complain.

That would have been great to get 5 per person. The one the day before in Westlake was 2 per. By the line being short I ended up getting two, but that would have been nice to get five haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deeakay's Items on eBay

Is there scans or pics of the autos on your DNAutographs.com?

That is my ONLY pet peeve about players and their signing for us fans, and that is forgetting your fans! I mean just look up, smile, and acknowledge the appreciation!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah go to my page and then click in person and it is listed there or ill post the direct link..

http://dnautographs.com/inperson.html

Then click on Lebron Book

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

That's REALLY surprising to hear that you were able to double dip in Ohio. I thought the lines would be crazy! Maybe it wasn't well publicized in Akron?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thats cool! at least you walked away with 2 auto books!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast