Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

The Official Fake Patch Thread

Thanks to Gomaz for the help, we will keep track of all the fake patchs found with the scans of the originals as proof.

2008-09 The Cup Drew Doughty 55/99

Real:

Fake:

2008-09 The Cup Jamie McGinn 149/249

Real:

Fake:

Current projects:
    2013-14 SPx Winning Combos (6/33 = 18.18%)
    2013-14 SPx Rookie Jersey Autos (2/50 = 4%)

2. Wata Photo
    Is the McGinn REALLY fake? I mean, the swatch is the same, it just got turned...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Also Collecting - Derek Whitmore, Teuvo Teravainen, Yann Sauve, Blake Geoffrion, Kari Lehtonen, Louis Leblanc, Keith Magnuson, and Current Hawks.

the mcgins are different..look @ #ing and signature (swoop)
    Looking For:
    Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson, Ken Griffey JR, Derrick Rose
    My BUCKET! Hidden Content

Did Jeremy (gomaz) confirm the McGinn was a fake? Because it looks to me like the number is different, and although the patch is identical there are two shoulder patches that UD will cut up from McGinn's jersey. Very strange that someone would fake a McGinn.
    Collecting Theoren Fleury and Calgary Sports Memorabilia

WANTED!
    10-11 Certified Jarome Iginla #21 Mirror Ice Materials Prime 1/1 (Tag)

Quote Originally Posted by ComancheKeen View Post
    Did Jeremy (gomaz) confirm the McGinn was a fake? Because it looks to me like the number is different, and although the patch is identical there are two shoulder patches that UD will cut up from McGinn's jersey. Very strange that someone would fake a McGinn.
    McGinn has been been tampered with. This is confirmed. Same serial number. One may not consider it fake since the original patch is still in the card, albeit rotated 180 degrees. IMO, this card now lacks integrity.
    Cheers,
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by gomaz View Post
    McGinn has been been tampered with. This is confirmed. Same serial number. One may not consider it fake since the original patch is still in the card, albeit rotated 180 degrees. IMO, this card now lacks integrity.
    no doubt,

it doesn't make any sense though as well, to simply flip the patch around, i will never understand that one.

regarding the comment about 'why fake a mcginn', i believe that is what these guys do, fake a bunch of low-mid name guys and a few high end. i mean out of that last fiasco, i remember seeing a nigel dawes that was faked that i had been watching in ebay. i thought the same thing, why fake a dawes?

because noone will notice/care.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by delacroixandora View Post
    no doubt,

it doesn't make any sense though as well, to simply flip the patch around, i will never understand that one.

regarding the comment about 'why fake a mcginn', i believe that is what these guys do, fake a bunch of low-mid name guys and a few high end. i mean out of that last fiasco, i remember seeing a nigel dawes that was faked that i had been watching in ebay. i thought the same thing, why fake a dawes?

because noone will notice/care.. right?
    The Mcginn was faked so you could see what the patch really was ... much easier to see the shark chomping down when placed the "fake" way
    MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8
    Bucket - Hidden Content
    Looking for - Roy / Brodeur / Luongo / Fleury / Bernier / Potvin / Price +++

wow, seriously.....to go through all that work to flip the patch.....what a waste of time
    I Collect ALL San Jose Sharks Cards
    My traders and wants listed here: Hidden Content

Personally, I would not care if the patch was flipped. It is still "game used" which is ultimtely what is defeated when a patch is taken out and a fake put in. Just my two cents.
    Collecting
    Martin Brodeur-All Cards, Especially High End

Quote Originally Posted by gomaz View Post

I agree with you 100% Jeremy!!! I'd let someone else nab it and add it to their pc in a heartbeat. I don't want people questioning any of my patches and if there's proof that any have been tampered with or altered, OUT THEY GO!!! Once your pc lacks integrity it never ends up good in the long run!!!
    Email me at Hidden Content

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast