Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

The Official Fake Patch Thread

Thanks to Gomaz for the help, we will keep track of all the fake patchs found with the scans of the originals as proof.

2008-09 The Cup Drew Doughty 55/99

Real:

Fake:

2008-09 The Cup Jamie McGinn 149/249

Real:

Fake:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Is the McGinn REALLY fake? I mean, the swatch is the same, it just got turned...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

the mcgins are different..look @ #ing and signature (swoop)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did Jeremy (gomaz) confirm the McGinn was a fake? Because it looks to me like the number is different, and although the patch is identical there are two shoulder patches that UD will cut up from McGinn's jersey. Very strange that someone would fake a McGinn.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Did Jeremy (gomaz) confirm the McGinn was a fake? Because it looks to me like the number is different, and although the patch is identical there are two shoulder patches that UD will cut up from McGinn's jersey. Very strange that someone would fake a McGinn.

McGinn has been been tampered with. This is confirmed. Same serial number. One may not consider it fake since the original patch is still in the card, albeit rotated 180 degrees. IMO, this card now lacks integrity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andora_s_box's Items on eBay

McGinn has been been tampered with. This is confirmed. Same serial number. One may not consider it fake since the original patch is still in the card, albeit rotated 180 degrees. IMO, this card now lacks integrity.

no doubt,

it doesn't make any sense though as well, to simply flip the patch around, i will never understand that one.

regarding the comment about 'why fake a mcginn', i believe that is what these guys do, fake a bunch of low-mid name guys and a few high end. i mean out of that last fiasco, i remember seeing a nigel dawes that was faked that i had been watching in ebay. i thought the same thing, why fake a dawes?

because noone will notice/care.. right?

SCF Rewards
    Country

no doubt,

it doesn't make any sense though as well, to simply flip the patch around, i will never understand that one.

regarding the comment about 'why fake a mcginn', i believe that is what these guys do, fake a bunch of low-mid name guys and a few high end. i mean out of that last fiasco, i remember seeing a nigel dawes that was faked that i had been watching in ebay. i thought the same thing, why fake a dawes?

because noone will notice/care.. right?

The Mcginn was faked so you could see what the patch really was ... much easier to see the shark chomping down when placed the "fake" way
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

wow, seriously.....to go through all that work to flip the patch.....what a waste of time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Personally, I would not care if the patch was flipped. It is still "game used" which is ultimtely what is defeated when a patch is taken out and a fake put in. Just my two cents.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deankal's Items on eBay

I agree with you 100% Jeremy!!! I'd let someone else nab it and add it to their pc in a heartbeat. I don't want people questioning any of my patches and if there's proof that any have been tampered with or altered, OUT THEY GO!!! Once your pc lacks integrity it never ends up good in the long run!!!

Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast