Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Country

"The oil industry clearly favors republicans to push its agenda on Capitol Hill and ExxonMobil is no exception. In 2006, 89 percent of ExxonMobil's donations went to republicans."

Just to be fair

"Obama has, however, accepted more than $213,000 in contributions from individuals who work for, or whose spouses work for, companies in the oil and gas industry, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. That's not as much as Sen. Hillary Clinton, who has received more than $306,000 in donations from people tied to the industry, but it's still a substantial amount. "

I think these donations would play a role in persuading all politicians to ignore the threat of the issue. I think that we are being mislead in the interests of politics and business combined.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rlynch5ixp's Items on eBay

I cant call that rediculous, but It doesnt have anything to do with global warming itself. They are lobbying against a competing business, not the earth. They are combatting the Global Warming lobbyist who represent those who will make billions if the hoax results in new laws and regulations.

Country

U.N. Framework Convention of Climate Change (1992)
    Adopted by the United States signed by George HW Bush

Do you think the UN made up this treaty almost 20 years ago with no conclusive evidence?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

U.N. Framework Convention of Climate Change (1992)
    Adopted by the United States signed by George HW Bush

Do you think the UN made up this treaty almost 20 years ago with no conclusive evidence?

Yes. "Global warming" has yet to be proved, it was barely being studied then. Also remember that just 10-15 years before that, scientists had proved it was "pretty much fact" that we were experiencing global cooling and a new ice age was possible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rlynch5ixp's Items on eBay

I dont know, but it wouldnt surprise me. The UN is just about the most worthless thing in existence....Just behind Joe Biden and the pet rock.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Aren't you suppose to get WARMER when global warming occurs???? Especially if you are convincing governments to spend trillions of dollars?

not just that, they say global warming also has to do with the seasons becoming erratic. Like the coldest days of the year coming at the beginning of fall. The hottest days of the year in my area was in May. Trees and landscape was mixed with the climate last fall. Some turned brown and dropped their leaves like they should while others stayed as green as they were in spring. Look around your area, fall now probably isn't like it was 10-15 years ago. Back then the streets would be covered in dried up leaves, now its not even noticeable, everything is still thriving. It was 42 this morning and currently 78 now

Country

Yes. "Global warming" has yet to be proved, it was barely being studied then. Also remember that just 10-15 years before that, scientists had proved it was "pretty much fact" that we were experiencing global cooling and a new ice age was possible.

The greenhouse effect was discovered one hundred and fifty years ago, Scientists then began to study the effects. It is far from a new science and I would say that 20 years ago they knew more than they needed to know to realises its reality.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

OPT, have you ever heard of Venus? LOL.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

not just that, they say global warming also has to do with the seasons becoming erratic. Like the coldest days of the year coming at the beginning of fall. The hottest days of the year in my area was in May. Trees and landscape was mixed with the climate last fall. Some turned brown and dropped their leaves like they should while others stayed as green as they were in spring. Look around your area, fall now probably isn't like it was 10-15 years ago. Back then the streets would be covered in dried up leaves, now its not even noticeable, everything is still thriving. It was 42 this morning and currently 78 now

Oh everything is "global warming's" fault. Too many storms, not enough storms...too hot, too cold...too wet, too dry...and everything in between. They've done a nice job of somehow convincing people that ANYTHING that happens is because of "global warming."

The greenhouse effect was discovered one hundred and fifty years ago, Scientists then began to study the effects. It is far from a new science and I would say that 20 years ago they knew more than they needed to know to realises its reality.

Then why were the scientists saying we were entering an ice age 30 years ago?

Country

Oh everything is "global warming's" fault. Too many storms, not enough storms...too hot, too cold...too wet, too dry...and everything in between. They've done a nice job of somehow convincing people that ANYTHING that happens is because of "global warming."

Then why were the scientists saying we were entering an ice age 30 years ago?

Theres scientists today that are saying were heading into an ice age. Some people also think were going to die in 2012. Even though a small minority of scientists believed that and was perpetuated by the press majority of the scientists still set forth the notion of Global Warming. Since I wasn't around in the 70's I had to Wiki it. the article did not support your understanding that the scientific community latched onto global cooling as they did global warmin.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast