Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Country

How did he get so many into a PWE?

Origami

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See luv2danse's Items on eBay

Quote from eBay shipping policies

"Shipping and related charges

Be sure to specify shipping costs and related service charges in your listings. It's against our rules to provide unclear or misleading shipping information or charging unreasonable fees for shipping and related services."

Charging $4 for a PWE is pretty unreasonable to me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See h.choi's Items on eBay

I see a good deal of sellers that overcharge shipping, especially to canada (they cant seem to figure out that first class to canada is usually just as cheap or even sometimes cheaper than sending to the states). I just take that into consideration and bid accordingly. If everyone left negatives for every seller that overcharges shipping, there would be negatives everywhere.

Now if he said he'd ship in a bubble mailer and ships PWE, that may warrant a negative. If he did not indicate it and the card came in good condition, I would just leave it at that and leave him lower DSR ratings.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See usa304's Items on eBay

We are going to have to agree to disagree. The seller makes his money on the PRODUCT not the SHIPPING. and if a seller decides to post his product up as free shipping, that is the rest he takes. He is assuming he will make up the cost of the shipping on the price of the product. Someone who posts a stated amount of shipping should spend close to that.

We can agree to disagree, IF EBAY WAS FREE and DIDNT CHARGE UNREASONABLE FEES, you may have a point. As a seller i believe you have the right to charge whatever you please unless stated otherwise.

I do believe the seller was wrong for sending the cards of those values in a PWE BUT , they arrived undamaged !! So what he if made a few bucks off the shipping, its the same as ebay making a few bucks off him, it takes time to list cards, cost fees to list cards and time to go to post office. Bottom line is that the buyer received the exact cards in the exact condition, negative is not right in my opinion

IM OUT

Thanks

Jared

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

Man that's terrible. This is why I state exactly how I ship in every one of my card auctions.

I can understand why they do it though. Its hard selling cards that book for $10+ and only getting 99 cents. Then tack on paypal, ebay and shipping fees. It just needs to be stated in the auction that they are shipping in PWE.

I have a guy a positive feedback for a Winfield card that was shipped to me in a bubble mailer without any top loader or penny sleeve or anything. It was a 5x7 size bubble envelope too, so the card moved around alot. I still gave him a positive but stated in the feedback how he shipped it so others would be able to see.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goeyj's Items on eBay

I see a good deal of sellers that overcharge shipping, especially to canada (they cant seem to figure out that first class to canada is usually just as cheap or even sometimes cheaper than sending to the states).

Yes, but they need to PROVE that they sent it with some kind of confirmation and the cheapest way to do that is Registered mail ($15ish). First class delivery confirmation doesn't apply over the border.

As far as the OP's situation, it's really up to the buyer. He can leave negative if he feels it's warranted. I think a lot of the people who are telling him to not leave negative are mainly sellers on ebay. That's going to skew their veiw quite a bit.
    The fact is: he paid $4 for shipping. This is a separate charge on top of the price of the item. Therefore, he was robbed of the money he spent for shipping. The shipping charge should be thought of as something totally different and too many sellers include it in their "profits" on the item to pick up a few extra bucks. A neutral is not going to make them think twice about doing it again.
    When selling items under $5, I always charge $3 and ship in a bubble mailer, plenty protected, and include delivery confirmation. Anything less and the seller is stealing the money that the buyer paid specifically for shipping.

Just my 2 cents...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its easy to see who understands bill paying,mortgage and responsibilities vs the people that live at home and have no bills cause their parents pay for everything.

When you have no bills,go to school and work for minimum wage, you think charging $4 for shipping and handling is making a profit.

When you work for $30-500 an hour and have $3000-$10,000 in bills monthly, you realize "actual" cost of TIME VALUE and $4 shipping and handling is not worth the time and you actually lose money even if the stamp cost $.50.

Every thing you consume daily is not actual material cost, everything has profit, from the water you drink to the hamburger you buy, to the gas you use to the shoes you wear, they all have profit built in. The same people complainin' about $4 shipping are probably buying $4 sodas at the movies that cost .15 to make(the cup cost more then the soda). lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimthome12389's Items on eBay

Its easy to see who understands bill paying,mortgage and responsibilities vs the people that live at home and have no bills cause their parents pay for everything.

When you have no bills,go to school and work for minimum wage, you think charging $4 for shipping and handling is making a profit.

When you work for $30-500 an hour and have $3000-$10,000 in bills monthly, you realize "actual" cost of TIME VALUE and $4 shipping and handling is not worth the time and you actually lose money even if the stamp cost $.50.

Every thing you consume daily is not actual material cost, everything has profit, from the water you drink to the hamburger you buy, to the gas you use to the shoes you wear, they all have profit built in. The same people complainin' about $4 shipping are probably buying $4 sodas at the movies that cost .15 to make(the cup cost more then the soda). lol.

Hm? What does minimum wage have to do with realizing "actual cost of time value?" You do understand the fact that those that make minimum wage - <30 and those that make 30-500 (as you have quantified) are all relative, right? There's no reason to assume (which you in fact , have) that a person on minimum wage does not pay pills. Sure I think we can agree that they don't pay for "3,000-10,000" in bills but -once again- there's no reason to believe that they don't pay bills [monthly].

Perhaps to you 4 USD is not much (what with your implicated funds) but it's not up to you to note how much a person should value a few dollars' worth of theft.

While it seems that everything is placed for profit, this does not mean that everything must. An example: eBay's shipping fee is not there for profit (regardless of what one may think). The rules state that this separate fee should be for the sake of handling and shipping, or, funds exclusive to getting the item to the buyer. The profit has been achieved (one would hope) in the actual listing's final amount.

Anyways. I believe a negative is a bit extreme. I say a neutral with one star ratings and include this mediocre shipping in the description but note that the card had arrived safely. I agree that you cannot put your methods of shipping over all else and assume them absolutes. If the card arrived as described, that in itself negates a negative but the fact that you've been ripped off due to the overinflated shipping rate - Neutral. Of course, there are still a few more parameters here that would need to be mentioned. Such as the actual labor to mail-in this card (handling).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (13)
    Country

I see a good deal of sellers that overcharge shipping, especially to canada (they cant seem to figure out that first class to canada is usually just as cheap or even sometimes cheaper than sending to the states).

I don't know where or what you are shipping but it costs me $5 to send 4 ITG slabbed cards to Canada by regular Air Mail. That is quite a bit more than the cost to the states. Postage is actually gotten ridiculous to Canada versus what it was merely 3 years ago. You also need to consider that the seller has to haul your package into the post office in person as well as fill out your customs forms. That is worth every bit of $4 for me in and of itself... My time is valuable and often more so than simple postage cost.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See h.choi's Items on eBay

Yes, but they need to PROVE that they sent it with some kind of confirmation and the cheapest way to do that is Registered mail ($15ish). First class delivery confirmation doesn't apply over the border.

As far as the OP's situation, it's really up to the buyer. He can leave negative if he feels it's warranted. I think a lot of the people who are telling him to not leave negative are mainly sellers on ebay. That's going to skew their veiw quite a bit.
    The fact is: he paid $4 for shipping. This is a separate charge on top of the price of the item. Therefore, he was robbed of the money he spent for shipping. The shipping charge should be thought of as something totally different and too many sellers include it in their "profits" on the item to pick up a few extra bucks. A neutral is not going to make them think twice about doing it again.
    When selling items under $5, I always charge $3 and ship in a bubble mailer, plenty protected, and include delivery confirmation. Anything less and the seller is stealing the money that the buyer paid specifically for shipping.

Just my 2 cents...

i'm talking about when they send it first class....for single cards, they usually come to me with postage of about 1.25 but i get charged around 4-5 on avg for shipping. I know how much it costs to send priority...and many do not send it this way, but still charge much more than their american customers.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast