Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JRule15's Items on eBay

Former Nebraska Star Forced to Sell

A failed business has put some college football championship memorabilia on the auction block.

He was once voted the nation's top interior lineman--an important piece on three national championship teams at the University of Nebraska.
    Former Nebraska star Aaron Taylor hasn't had quite as much success lately. A failed restaurant business has led to a forced auction of several championship rings, including two commemorating NCAA titles, and even his 1997 Outland Trophy.
    Taylor's Cornhusker-themed Scarlet and Cream Letter Club restaurant in Omaha with other former players fell into deep money problems and a huge tax debt has put creditors in control of Taylor's personal memorabilia. Attempts to keep them out of the auction failed.
    According to the Associated Press, Taylor claimed in bankruptcy papers that he owed at least $109,543 and had assets worth $5,300. The latter amount didn't include his trophy and rings.
    However, fans of the program have plenty of loyalty and some have plenty of money, too, so it's possible Taylor could get the items back from a generous bidder who bleeds Nebraska red.
    Taylor is the only Husker to be named All-American at two different positions, center and guard. Nebraska was 49-2 and won four straight bowl games during Taylor's days on campus and enjoyed undefeated seasons and national titles in 1994, 1995 and 1997.
    Those rings and the trophy, seen here, are scheduled to be sold October 31.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...d-to-sell.html

LINK TO AUCTION SITE :

http://www.helbergnussauction.com/au...lor/taylor.htm

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some very interesting items. Thanks for the link. I might check out this auction.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thanks for posting this. Sucks for Taylor.... feel bad for the guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I am now approved to bid at the auction.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is a very unforunate thing for Taylor. He was a great player for NU. I know there is a rumor going aroud that many Husker fans are planning on bidding on these items and plan on giving them back to Taylor. I will see if I can find that link.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The sale finished today. Here is a list of the catalog and final prices.

Catalog