Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Yanks win, yanks win

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Yanks win, yanks win

I'm writing this for my DAD who passed away January 4th 1990, may he REST IN PEACE.

In Toronto, We had an International League Team, it was own by the Boston Red Sox, as a kid I went to many games with my dad, he loved baseball, we were there for the last
    game played at the stadium, it was bat day, and he was happy watching live baseball, but nothing could compare to his Yanks, they were his TEAM, he loved them with all his heart.

My dad was the biggest Yankee fan, he loved the old Yanks, like Roy White, Mr. October Reggie Jackson, Mickey Mantle,Phil Scooter Rizzuto,Craig Nettles, Paul O'Neil, Joe DimaggioDon No Hit Larsen, , and his favourite player Thurman Munson, may he rest in peace, he was the Ultimate Player, Tony Kubeck, Lousiana Lightning Ron Guidry, Tom Tresh, Clete Boyer, Chris Chambliss, Derek Jeter, the next HOFer, Yogi Berra, Mike Torrez, Sparky Lyle, Whitey Ford, one of the greatest Yankee pitchers ever, Don Mattingly, Jose Rijo, The Bambino Babe Ruth, Doc Medich, he even mentions Roger Clemens, but not in a good way, he never thought of Roger as a Yank, he thought of him as a trader to his team, players he played with and most of all, to his fans,
    Maris, and many he can't remember, he told me he is shaking so bad after watching the World Series last night, that he can't think straight, he loved them when they were up and when they were down, all he talked about was the Yanks during baseball season, he says he will be alot happier if they can sign Cliff Lee and trade for the DOC, from the Jays, we could go on and be another dynasty with the addition of those players.

He always said money couldn't buy love, but you gotta love the Yanks, they played as a team and won as a team, looking at some of the new Yanks, compared to the old Yanks, A-Rod learned to play as a tean player, Godzilla well what can you say, first Japanese player ever to win the World Series MVP in history, he might have played his last game as a Yanks and he went out in style.

He looked at some of the other players, Andy pitched well and he might be done as a Yanks, Mariano comes in like usual and ends the game, just like always, C.C. he proved why is the best pitcher in baseball, just awesome, Burnett, well he should have stayed with the Jay's, Jeter is just Jeter, year in and year out, Marky Mark is a great addition to my dad's team, he loves him, as for all the other players not mentioned, in my eyes you were all STARS.

You just have to look at there coach Joey G, was a better than average player, nothing too special, but can this guy coach, he kept everyone fresh, and ready to play after a bad start, he is a STAR too, in all I would have to say, this was one of my greatest World Series, they stopped Howard, Werth and even in the end they stopped Utley, Cliff Lee is a great player, but one guy can't win it all for you.

Inclosing, I would have to say, my DAD is over the moon and he says he'll have trouble sleeping the next few days, going over each game in his sleep, my DAD is crying as he talks to me abot how happy he is, and I'm crying even harder as I write this for him.

Dad, I miss you, love you and think about you everyday, God Bless you
    and some day we'll see each again.

Love Ya Carol

GO YANKS GO
    Last edited by capt55; 11-12-2009 at 08:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mfmcnabb's Items on eBay

By Carol Pickering aka Capt55

I’m writing this for my Dad, who passed away January 4th, 1990. May he REST IN PEACE.

Growing up in Toronto, we had an International League team, owned by the Boston Red Sox. As a kid, I went to many games with my dad. He loved baseball, and we were there for the last game played at the stadium. It was Bat Day that day, and he was happy watching live baseball, but nothing could compare to his New York Yankees. They were his team; he loved them with all his heart.

My dad was the biggest Yankee fan. He loved and loves the old Yanks, like Roy White, “Mr. October” Reggie Jackson, Mickey Mantle, Phil “Scooter” Rizzuto, Craig Nettles, Joe Dimaggio, Don “No Hit” Larsen, and his favourite player, Thurman Munson (may he rest in peace), who was the Ultimate Player. He also loves Paul O’Neill, Tony Kubek, “Louisiana Lightning” Ron Guidry, Tom Tresh, Clete Boyer, Chris Chambliss, Derek Jeter (the next HOFer), Yogi Berra, Mike Torrez, Sparky Lyle, Whitey Ford (one of the greatest Yankee pitchers ever), Don Mattingly, Jose Rijo,” The Bambino” Babe Ruth, Doc Medich, Roger Maris, and many he can’t remember.

He even mentions Roger Clemens, but not in a good way. He never thought of Roger as a Yank, he thought of him as a trader to his team, players he played with and most of all, to his fans,

He told me he was shaking so bad after watching the Yankees win the World Series that he can’t think straight. He loved them when they were up and when they were down. All he talked about was the Yanks during baseball season. He says he will be a lot happier if they can sign Cliff Lee and trade for the Doc, Roy Halladay, from the Jays. We could go on and be another dynasty with the addition of those players.

He always said money couldn’t buy love, but you gotta love the Yanks. They played as a team and won as a team. Looking at some of the new Yanks, compared to the old Yanks: A-Rod learned to play as a team player, and Godzilla, Hideki Matsui, well what can you say? He’s the first Japanese player ever to be named World Series MVP, he might have played his last game as a Yank and he went out in style.

He looked at some of the other players too. Andy Pettitte pitched well and he might be done as a Yank, while Mariano Rivera comes in like usual and ends the game, just like always. C.C. Sabathia proved why he is the best pitcher in baseball, just awesome. A.J. Burnett, well he should have stayed with the Jays. Jeter is just Jeter, year in and year out. Marky Mark Teixeira is a great addition to my dad’s team, he loves him. As for all the other players not mentioned, in my eyes you were all stars.

You just have to look at their coach. Joe Girardi was a better than average player, nothing too special, but can this guy coach? He kept everyone fresh, and ready to play after a bad start, he is a star too. In all I would have to say, this was one of my greatest World Series. They stopped Ryan Howard, Jayson Werth and even in the end they stopped Chase Utley. Cliff Lee is a great player, but one guy can’t win it all for you.

In closing, I would have to say, my dad is over the moon and he says he’ll have trouble sleeping the next few days, going over each game in his sleep. My dad is crying as he talks to me about how happy he is, and I’m crying even harder as I write this for him.

Dad, I miss you, love you and think about you every day. God bless you and some day we’ll see each again.

Love Ya,

Carol

GO YANKS GO!