Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate the USPS

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

I hate the USPS

I sent a ROMLB out to Robin Roberts on 11/10. Well, my envelope came back today in one of those plastic bags, with no ball inside. The envelope was stamped "received without contents". It literally looks like it was torn right at the top. I hope the postal worker enjoys the ball.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

sucks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wmhc28413's Items on eBay

sorry to hear that..its never a good sign when you see one of those plastic bags...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Wow - sorry to hear that. Those bubble mailers are normally pretty tough to rip open. I have a heck of time when I get one of mine back trying to open the package myself!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howiek1227's Items on eBay

I had a similar thing happen to me. The only difference was that the ball was in the plastic bag. Was the bag from the USPS?
    I bag also contained a note. Stating the Bubble mailer was damaged in transit. So, the USPS was nice enough to put he ripped bubble mailer and the ball in a bag for me. I guess a know one was interested in a Kevin Costner signed baseball.
    Sorry to hear

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Yes, it was in a USPS bag. At least they were kind enough to repackage the empty envelope back in that.
    I had a similar thing happen to me. The only difference was that the ball was in the plastic bag. Was the bag from the USPS?
    I bag also contained a note. Stating the Bubble mailer was damaged in transit. So, the USPS was nice enough to put he ripped bubble mailer and the ball in a bag for me. I guess a know one was interested in a Kevin Costner signed baseball.
    Sorry to hear

SCF Rewards
    Country

The USPS is a joke. I write "Do Not Bend" all over the envelope and they either bend it trying to shove it in my mailbox or it come folded and they stamp it that it was folded when they got it. I have had nothing but problems with them. Could there be an easier job on this Earth!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See csduncan69's Items on eBay

That sucks. I don't think I am going to be sending more baseballs myself. I just got the SASE that I sent to Stephen Strasburg, top ripped open with no ball inside. Lame.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You guys are just stoking up horrible images in my mind about all the pitfalls of USPS. Luckily, I have had no negative USPS issues so far. The "worst" experience I had with USPS was my Sparky Anderson success. It looked like the original envelope I sent was cut open and in the process partially cut the sealing lip of my SASE. It looked like the Post Office placed priority mail tape on my SASE which was awesome. I had a similar result recently with my Dick Williams return when there was priority mail tape placed over my SASE seal.

It's part of the reason I go priority. I've grown to have an awesome relationship with both my mail delivery woman and the clerk. I was talking options on day for sending balls and the clerk stood by priority because it would travel quicker and give my ball a little more protection from the sorting system and such. Of course the big downside is I spend $3-5 more a ttm request. Now that I am just about done with ttm though and have had 0 postal issues so far it seems maybe worth it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Druce...are you going to file something? I know they won't do a thing for you but twice isn't a coincidence. I've filed with the postmaste general before and haven't heard a word. You only have a leg to stand on if you do insurance and delivery confirmation...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast