Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Talking AOA: AO! Our first outing of the year and it starts with a BANG!

pulled by me
    Last edited by Prime B; 04-27-2016 at 12:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Wow Barrie! That was very nice of Ovechkin to do that for Austin. Congrats! It must've been a terrific experience!

His attitude towards the other kids however...no comment lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow Barrie! That was very nice of Ovechkin to do that for Austin. Congrats! It must've been a terrific experience!

His attitude towards the other kids however...no comment lol

I know huh?

I was totally SHOCKED that he turned these other kids down. The older ones with jerseys that were definitely high school or early college I understood because they would probably sell the stuff, but there were two other kids there no more than 9 or 10 at the most with pucks and photos and he just blew them off?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Seems like my dreams of meeting Ovie = gone lol although I can guarantee you if I got a jersey signed, that would be hitting a frame, and lookin pretty on my wall in my room.

But wow, that's such an awesome story Barrie, really happy for the little guy, as I'm sure you are too. These are by far my favorite posts on any site, are the ones about you taking your kid out to meet players!

Maybe if I'm ever in Colorado for a game, you can take me with the little guy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome story and great way to kick off the signing season! I'm not really surprised that Alex didn't stop for "the mob" as its no secret he hates signing (and rightfully so, I'm sure he does it constantly). Unfortunate for the other kids, but a great experience for Austin and yourself. Thanks for the show!

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Very nice Barrie! Austin is going to have some awesome stories to tell when he is older. Your're a great dad!
    Last edited by gomaz; 12-16-2009 at 12:04 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cup.dynasty's Items on eBay

So Happy for Austin! Didn't I predict it earlier today what would happen on the phone? Glad I was wrong for at least Austin's sake. You are providing your son with memories for a lifetime, great job B!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrivetheGreen66's Items on eBay

Thats awesome. I have heard that happening alot to kids around Raleigh when the caps are in town.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So Happy for Austin! Didn't I predict it earlier today what would happen on the phone? Glad I was wrong for at least Austin's sake. You are providing your son with memories for a lifetime, great job B!

Mark, you did call it! Crazy!

It's not that I didn't believe you but man, I just couldn't imagine any hockey player shooting down kids, but it happened!

Thanks for the replies everyone, Austin was definitely amped to meet AO.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (59)
    Country

That's awesome. I'm sure your son will only appreciate that photo more and more as time goes on.

Collecting high end Cam Neely and Ray Bourque autographs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast