Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any valuable cards in the 1990/1991 sets?

I have about 600 football cards from 1990 and 1991 that I want to get rid of because I only collect baseball now, but I have no idea if there is anything valuable in what I have. I don't want to pay $6 for a Beckett subscription and then only get $5-$10 for my cards in the end. Could someone tell me if there are any valuable cards in the following sets?:

1990 Topps
    1990 Score
    1990 Pro Set
    1990 Fleer
    1991 Score
    1991 Pro Set
    1991 UD (is there anything valuable other than Brett Favre?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sbaseball817 View Post
    only if they are autos
    Not true! There are some.

1990 Topps-look for Tiffany cards(glossy), Junior Seau rc, Daryl Johnson rc. I'll trade for any of these.

1990 Score-Junior Seau

1990 Pro Set
    -#1A Barry Sanders ROY Hawaii-$80
    -#204A Fred Marion Belt-$150
    -#338B Lud Denny Promo-$200
    -#772A Dexter Manley Substitute-$300
    -NO Number Lombardi Holofoil/10000-$60

1990 Fleer-nothing
    1991 Score-Favre rc and/or Dream Team autos
    1991 Pro Set
    -#19A Derrick Thomas LL Bills-$20
    -#92A Darion Conner Error '99-$10
    -or any autos of L.Taylor, Ozzie Newsome, Erik Kramer

1991 UD (is there anything valuable other than Brett Favre?)-nothing
    RIP CLETUS

I collect Warrick Dunn RC/Base/Insert/Parallel/Auto/GU!
    My PC isn't always off limits. PM me.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Lol... I have the 1991 Pro Set #19 "Buffalo Bills" #19 D. Thomas if someone is interested. I personally love early 90's cards... especially the 90 Pro Set design. It's simple, colorful, and I really enjoyed the gimmick/insert cards... like the Santa Claus, error cards, and the famous Lombardi hologram.
    Collecting GU, Autos, & certain Parallels/Inserts/RCS:
    A's/Padres/Lakers/Packers/Seahawks/Sharks
    Kurt Suzuki/Tony Gwynn/Greg Maddux/Kobe Bryant/Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre/Steve Largent/Devin Setoguchi/Ryan Miller
    Hidden Content
    <> Hidden Content <> Hidden Content

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was lucky enough to pull the lombardi holofoil out of one of those mixed 9.99 boxes,was upset at first that they put the pro set pack in it,but when I saw the bv of the lombardi my reaction changed.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosefuji View Post
    Lol... I have the 1991 Pro Set #19 "Buffalo Bills" #19 D. Thomas if someone is interested. I personally love early 90's cards... especially the 90 Pro Set design. It's simple, colorful, and I really enjoyed the gimmick/insert cards... like the Santa Claus, error cards, and the famous Lombardi hologram.
    Same here, they did a great job w/ their sets, besides the vast over production.lol

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    I was lucky enough to pull the lombardi holofoil out of one of those mixed 9.99 boxes,was upset at first that they put the pro set pack in it,but when I saw the bv of the lombardi my reaction changed.
    The original holy grail of football cards.:love0030:

Quote Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
    Same here, they did a great job w/ their sets, besides the vast over production.lol

The original holy grail of football cards.:love0030:
    Was that thing SP'ed? never really looked into it.
    Hidden Content Collecting Dallas Cowboys Topps Base cards
    Hidden Content <==This oneHidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by K.Pop View Post
    Was that thing SP'ed? never really looked into it.
    I don't remember the numbers but it actually was-even for the 90's.

I can give you the information off of the one I have as I went into my archived cards and pulled it out.It says collector edition then it is numbered 2,828 of 10M yes they used an M for 10,000.says super bowl commemorative on the very bottom of the back,still a pretty cool card.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    I can give you the information off of the one I have as I went into my archived cards and pulled it out.It says collector edition then it is numbered 2,828 of 10M yes they used an M for 10,000.says super bowl commemorative on the very bottom of the back,still a pretty cool card.
    10,000 seems like alot but Pro Set produced so many cards that I bet many are still out there in packs and boxes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast