Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    UCLA Bruins Los Angeles Lakers Anaheim Angels

Burbank Sports Card Show [SoCal] this weekend 8/25-8/26-8/27-8/28

I've been searching to see if someone has added a notice about this show and don't see it. so this is a PSA.
    It's not my show, I'm not affiliated in any way.
    Big show 250 tables and major industry vendors.
    I assume almost everyone has heard about this via word of mouth, but for the one guy who hasn't and wants to go to a SoCal show, this is for you

https://www.burbankcardshow.com/
    Collecting - Semi "Master collecting" 2012 Topps BB - [+ 12 Topps Chrome, 12 Topps mini On Line, 12 Topps Opening Day] - 2012 Panini Prizm BB prizm - green, blue, red, gold, ice, pulsar [trade only] - Prefer trades of $30 bv min. for a bubble mailer. PWE trades ok for small trades. It's just a hobby. Have fun and be fair.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Let us know how It is. Always nice to have a big show in your area. Hope you have a great time attending.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    UCLA Bruins Los Angeles Lakers Anaheim Angels

Heh Don, since you asked, here's my review / commentary.
    I'm there as Zach's sidekick [ bdrr / bdrr_portscards / Pentagon City Sportscards ]
    He has a great table by the entrance. Zach has grown as a dealer over the past 3 years. He now sets up at about 2 shows per month, and I retired, so I tend to help him out the National, and also at all the shows west of the Mississippi.
    That means I've been to Dallas about 4 times, Las Vegas & San Diego this year. That's background.

More background, SoCal despite being a huge population, has not had a large card show in 15 years.
    There are small shows of 50 tables, set up at the Boys & Girls Club type locations on a regular basis, but nothing large that draws.

The show is a collaboration of Burbank Sports Card Shop, a huge e-bay seller, who has expanded their brick & mortar in the past 3 years to become one of the biggest retail card shops in the country.
    The current Burbank is nothing like any LCS I have ever been in before. It's become a hobbyist tourist attraction.
    Burbank [Rob] is partnering with a couple of guys who have been promoting the 50 table type shows.

I would say that the show is about 1/3 the size of Dallas [700+ tables?.] but Dallas is spacious, so it's crammed into a space about 1/4 of Dallas.
    The show is not for everyone. not much vintage or memorabilia.
    I also haven't noticed live breaks, or autograph signing.

The show is 75% modern graded cards, and 20% modern raw cards, and only 5% cards from sets older than 2010. That seems to be the direction of the younger element of the hobby.
    The other major trend in the hobby the last 20 years is prospect chasing. That continues.
    So whoever likes to buy, sell, trade graded modern cards, of prospects, and guys that are rookies & young stars, this is a good show for you.
    The show is about 50% basketball, and 50% combined everything else [baseball, football, hockey, soccer, UFC ]
    It seems to me that most tables feature 50% of cards for sale priced at $500 and up.

As for boxes to search, that is the exclusive domain of Burbank, they have a "zone" and brought their boxes of stuff sorted by sport and by year.
    They are letting kids under 12 pull 25 cards for free.
    There is a video on insta with Rob talking about it, and he says they brought 400,000 cards for searching at 25 cents and I suspect boxes at "price as marked."

The show does feature PSA & Beckett doing Raw card Review, and taking subs. COMC is here, Drip & TAG as well. Zion selling cases.
    A couple of dealers with wax, but not the majors [Steel City, Dave & Adams etc]

For dealers, with the right merchandise, attendance is really solid. I think more people at this show than Dallas, despite it having fewer tables as compared to Dallas.

I've heard that based on the great success, they will plan to do another show in 6 months, and that show will be at least 500 tables.
    To do that, they will need a different venue. This venue is at capacity.
    I would imagine that the next show, with more space & more tables, will start to add some of the things missing from this one [Breakers, auto signers, some high end graded vintage ]
    Last edited by abide; 08-27-2022 at 12:59 PM.