Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Smile AOA: Av's practice and a really S(t)ICK pickup

So while I have had a small break from paramedic school I have taken Austin over to a few Av's practices and the facility is right around the corner from our house.

Here's a few pics from the 2 times we went over the break and a new stick the big guy was given for his collection.

One happy dude!

One of the Av's all-time greats, Adam Deadmarsh

Rookie Brandon Yip

Lacroix times two: Eric and Pierre. (a rare sight seeing Pierre out at a practice) Austin is avoiding the sun in this one.

And finally, we were in practice one of these days, and Austin had seen a few of the Av's at the end of last year/beginning of this year and they promised him sticks. So he starts yelling at a few of them towards the end as a few guys linger, mess around, and shoot the last few pucks.

We go outside when they all clear out and wait where the players drive out. All of a sudden, one of the security guys starts yelling over the fence "Hey you, you guys". Obviously none of us where sure who they were talking to until he singled out Austin by his clothing. We walked over and Austin got handed this:

Here's a look at some damage on it and the insane toe hook!

Whose stick is it you ask?

A Team USA Olympian.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bonkers! That was a fun read with excellent results for your son and yourself.
    Great job sharing that moment with us!

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Awesome! He's one lucky kid!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See v3rs3's Items on eBay

That is awesome. My son is only 2 1/2 and the past year he's really started to love hockey. I hope my son is still excited about it once he's your kid's age. Since we live in Columbus we get a lot of chances to go see practices as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Awesome stuff Barrie! I knew immediately the stick was Stastny's because it was a wooden stick lol Matt Duchene's stick triva has been burned in my brain after his draft video.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrivetheGreen66's Items on eBay

Thats some awesome stuff. Congratulations out to you and your son Barrie. Looks like you guys had a blast.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Pretty lucky ;). I wish I could get a stick lol. Congrats to Austin on his great pickup!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrads to you an Austin, thats a great holiday story

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Barrie that is a great story and pics thank you for sharing. On a side note as soon as i see AOA in the title i have to laugh to myself as i am a member of a Battlefield 2 clan called =A*O*A= (Angels of Anarchy) :)

Country
    See bellatrain10's Items on eBay

thats awesome! Love the Avs Love how they have turned around the team!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast