PDA

View Full Version : Texans, smarter than I thought

keithmcm
12-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Check this :
http://sports.iwon.com/news/12012004/v8878.html
Houston fans are hip to the fact that as I and Michael Wilbon have tried to tell people for years, Jeff Van Gundy is a bad coach. the problem wasn't that Steve Francis was a bad player, Orlando is doing well. Van Gundy got what he wanted and he's 6-10. and don't say its because Tracy McGrady missed 2 games. Van Gundy is a moron of the defense first last and only, and its a matter of days before TMac demands another trade to a contender. He's lucky Yao is from a culture where they respect authority, or he'd want out too. The battle of Texas, well 2 out of 3 ain't bad (But Meat Loaf is, the singer, the food is okay if done well)

hobbyfan
12-01-2004, 11:04 PM
It's still early in the season, and the Rockets have hit a rough patch. It happens. New Jersey, for example, just ended a 9 game losing streak, but then upper management brought it on themselves by letting K-Mart, Kittles, et al go. We still have, what, four or five months? The Rockets can still be contenders.

stalking_WOLF_21
12-02-2004, 11:49 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is not a bad coach he may have some bad areas but you can not bash him for how good he has coached many players/teams. I am sure if you were to ask houston/Sprewell/Johnson/Ewing etc they would all tell you he helped them out on how to play good basketball.

Clips4Life
12-04-2004, 01:25 PM
lol i think Van Gundy should go also

podstock
12-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by keithmcm
He's lucky Yao is from a culture where they respect authority, or he'd want out too.

In 2007, the Lakers have plenty of cap space -- perhaps we can get him then?

lolol...I do think the Rockets just extended his contract?