PDA

View Full Version : sonics new look

greg bernhardt
12-15-2004, 03:53 AM
wow are they looking good, I haven't watched any games though. Anyone know what they are doing right? I suppose team ball and defence since they don't have a hall of famer on the team.

Rockman
12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Unlike most teams these days, the Sonics play basketball as a team. Also you can never beat a team that shoots 50% or more from the three point line lol

cardbuyer66
12-15-2004, 02:39 PM
They are playing as a team, Allen is shooting the lights out coming off picks and shoots when he catches the ball. He went 0-10 at 3's against the Celtics, and they got crushed. When he shoots poorly, they will not win games. This season, thats the only game he hasnt shot good. If he continues to shoot the way he has been, the Sonics will continue to light up the scoreboard as well as the standings. When Allen slumps, the Sonics are going to slump along with him

leftyshan
12-15-2004, 02:42 PM
You see what happens to teams like that in the playoffs, though. All you have to do is look to Dallas in recent years. If you don't have an inside presence you won't make it deep into the playoffs. Live by the 3...die by the 3!!!

stalking_WOLF_21
12-16-2004, 06:45 PM
look at the Sonics and the suns. they both had ugly records last year. now they are playin as a team. Moving the ball and not being selfish (kobe) which if you do that the other team will have to play defence and not focus on one guy (kobe) and then hope the other scrubs don't do well.

LakersMC
01-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I still am not sure how the Sonics are doing it. They stopped Miami's 14 game win streak last night in Miami. I also just read the the Spurs are 14-1 at home, with the loss at the hands of Seattle.
Granted, Allen is shooting lights out. But how are they holding down the middle versus teams like Miami (Shaq) and San Antonio (Duncan).
I am impressed (and a little shocked).

kariyafan
01-04-2005, 05:24 PM
i think it's been a mix of ray allen and rashard lewis being able to work together and there big man have been pheonamal like reggie evans and jerome james and don't forget there bench

kariyafan
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
so far there has been some pretty good players but at the midseason hoo do u think has been the best