PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Gold Label?

bostonbk7
12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey, I'm a little confused about these cards. In this set there is Gold Label, Gold Label Red Label, and Gold Label Black Label. This Michael Jordan card is a 98-99 Topps gold label card, but I'm not sure if its red or black as well. The numbering for the cards is the same, ex: GL1 is the number of the card for all three types, except they are all worth different values. Attached are two pictures; one is the MJ card and the other is another GL Keith Van Horn card. The label are different colors and I wasn't sure if the MJ was red or black (i'm colorblind) because the KVH card is clearly Gold while the MJ is darker. I hope this wasn't too confusing, thanks for any help.

Sorry, the quality isn't good but any help is appreciated. The cards are the same except for the gold label sign in the upper right hand corner.

bdrr
12-29-2004, 11:37 PM
The Color is whichever color the "Topps Gold Label" Logo is in. Gold is gold, Black is black, and Red is Red. If it were red it would be serially numbered as well. There is also different Classes. The Class number is printed underneath the card number. The product set up was pretty much the same as the more vintage Finest Sets of 96-97 and 97-98 with the Bronze, Silver, and Golds with refractor and embossed parallels.

As a side note, I've got a nice Kenny Lofton Mirror Gold Bat /25 from 2001 Leaf Totally Certified....would like to move it for an auto if you have any interest.

bostonbk7
12-30-2004, 03:49 AM
- The Gold Label for the MJ card is not really gold and it changes colors whenever I move it in the light. Its not numbered so its not red, but I can't really tell if its black because color changes. If its not like the KVH card then is it black?

-Also, i'm interested in the Kenny Lofton card but don't have any autos. If there's anything else you're looking for please let me know, thanks.