PDA

View Full Version : texas a&m

leafs
01-15-2005, 10:01 PM
can anyone explain to me how texas tech beats texas a&m?

redraiderdc8
01-16-2005, 05:40 PM
easy. a&m, while no longer a pushover in men's basketball, is the by-product of a painfully easy non-conference schedule. It was a joke. the texas upset was just that-an upset. Texas Tech is a much better program at this point.

jayk1998
01-26-2005, 02:41 PM
They're better, and Lubbock is a tough place to play.

Our OOC was weak, but to say that its the only reason A&M has a good record is silly. No way would you have put any amount of money on 11-0 even with that weak schedule prior to the start of the season.

I've seen this A&M team play, and it's light years from where it was. Fundamentals are vastly improved, and we're starting to challenge teams like OU and Kansas that would have wiped the floor with last year's Ags. And to call the Texas win an upset is an insult. The Aggies dominated the Horns in that game.

redraiderdc8
01-26-2005, 11:17 PM
When a better team loses to a lesser team, it's an upset, regardless of score or whatever. When K-State beat oklahoma in the Big XII title game a year ago, it was a huge upset. I hardly consider the term 'upset' to be insulting.

I probably wouldn't have put money on them going 11-0 before the season. Then again, I didn't know Chicago St and Texas-Permian Basin were actual schools, let alone field competitive sports teams.