PDA

View Full Version : upperdeck r-class

celtics4
03-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Is upper deck r-class too good to be true? at DAcardworld there charging
44$ a box (I think) and they give you 8 cards a pack and 24 packs. Each pack contains 2 rcs and each box has 2 autos. The cards are nice too! There nice lookin cards. Is there something I'am not seeing?

meuandthelot
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the "Heads-Up". Hope some people weigh in here.

I like many from this Rc. class had many sleepers emerge(maybe more-so than 03-04). Wanted to get a few mid-grade boxes..These may be the ticket!!!

LakersMC
03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Since RCs are so common in this set (2 per pack), there are a lot of them. And the RCs are not serial numbered, autographed, etc like other premium sets. Therefore, these RCs can be had quite cheaply. I've bought "good ones" for 25c, and Okafor for $1.

All that being said, the price you quoted is a good one. And like you said, it is a nice set.

nuttynelly
03-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I have purchased several boxes of UD R-Class, and I have had some good pulls. However, there are alot of garbage cards inserted in the packs.

Highlights:
Josh Smith R-Tifacts auto #/50
J. Nelson R-Tifacts auto #/50
Kobe / L James dual WU SP

Lowlights:
R-TIFACTS WU DAJUAN WAGNER
R-TIFACTS WU MORRIS PETERSON
Many of the cards have surface scratches & chipping around the edges.

RenegadeLonghorn
03-24-2005, 04:15 AM
I'll have to consider purchasing a box of this set. May be great for trade bait. How can you beat 40+ rookies and 2 gu per box? This could definitely help you out with a trade list. Only drawback is that the cards won't book high.

WilyWestbrook0
03-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I haven't really liked most of Upper Deck's releases this year, actually. What happened to MVP? That was a nice low-end set.